• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tyreke Johnson is N (transfer from Ohio State)

He was not a good fit for the system they ran not to mention that when you are stacked in a certain position with 4 and 5 stars someone is going to lose out.

I think he is a really good get who can help us with depth and hopefully in his three years of elgibility become a starter
Right, like Oliver Martin. Not Ralph brown who was starting from day 1. This talk of him stepping in and starting opposite CTB is too much like Jonathan rose who got the same (he played there, so must be great) treatment… I’m excited to have him… we need a better party life.
5* leaving a school and prospering immediately are far out numbered by the 5* just not being that good having reality kick them in the ass.
Like all recruiting rankings, 5* to 2* to walk ons they are high school ranking. It all goes out the window as soon as you get on campus and the pads go on. If he or us fans still consider him a 5* I see this think ending with disappointment. If he comes in realizing he hasn’t been good enough, and work needs to be done, we may have something here. If not he transfers again. I’ll be rooting for him!!! #GBR

Right, like Oliver Martin. Not Ralph brown who was starting from day 1. This talk of him stepping in and starting opposite CTB is too much like Jonathan rose who got the same (he played there, so must be great) treatment… I’m excited to have him… we need a better party life.
5* leaving a school and prospering immediately are far out numbered by the 5* just not being that good having reality kick them in the ass.
Like all recruiting rankings, 5* to 2* to walk ons they are high school ranking. It all goes out the window as soon as you get on campus and the pads go on. If he or us fans still consider him a 5* I see this think ending with disappointment. If he comes in realizing he hasn’t been good enough, and work needs to be done, we may have something here. If not he transfers again. I’ll be rooting for him!!! #GBR
Its not that he doesnt have the tools of a 5 star,he has limitations to overcome, and he will.

He was good enough to play at OSU which is probably second only to Alabama in terms of talent and depth. So he couldn't get past the 1st and 2nd round draft pics to lock down a starting spot. I don't think anyone on Nebraska secondary would start at OSU. He's already jumping in on the team workouts which doesn't sound like a kid who thinks he can mail it in and grab a starting spot. If he can grasp the D playbook, he plays this year and if he stick around will probably be a 2 year starter.

He was good enough to play at OSU which is probably second only to Alabama in terms of talent and depth. So he couldn't get past the 1st and 2nd round draft pics to lock down a starting spot. I don't think anyone on Nebraska secondary would start at OSU. He's already jumping in on the team workouts which doesn't sound like a kid who thinks he can mail it in and grab a starting spot. If he can grasp the D playbook, he plays this year and if he stick around will probably be a 2 year starter.

so now the kid is declaring for the draft?? Wow! I just think we are putting way to much on the fact he was a great high school player. Hope your correct!! We sure could use some early entry talent around here and not just guys tapping out.

so now the kid is declaring for the draft?? Wow! I just think we are putting way to much on the fact he was a great high school player. Hope your correct!! We sure could use some early entry talent around here and not just guys tapping out.

Slow down.... ;)

I was referring more to the transfer portal (tapping out for sure). We will find out it he has the goods but again, just because he didn't grab a starting position at OSU doesn't mean he won't have a productive few years in Lincoln. My portal glass is always half full.

I was referring more to the transfer portal (tapping out for sure). We will find out it he has the goods but again, just because he didn't grab a starting position at OSU doesn't mean he won't have a productive few years in Lincoln. My portal glass is always half full.
Yeah. If a guy transfers from a top 5 school the chances of him working out are 10 times better than most schools. (yes the 10 times is hyperbole)

Agree. I trust Fishers ability to evaluate ( and then develop), talent.

I agree. Many people feel Coach Fisher is the best assistant coach on the staff. Coach Fisher gets the job done.

9257740.jpg

I agree. Many people feel Coach Fisher is the best assistant coach on the staff. Coach Fisher gets the job done.

9257740.jpg
It is hard to disagree with the level of success he has had so far. However, he did start with some pretty good talent and production. I am interested to see how year two of the DLine will be. I think this has the potential to also be a good candidate for best assistant coach.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back