• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers offrer 2023 Pierce TE Ben Brahmer

Wow, another TE--what's that make 20 if he accepts an offer, the big concern should be-- will we use ANY of them? Every year we hear how the tight end group is great and deep and throw to them 2 or 3 times a game MAX. It's been a long time since we've had a difference maker at the TE spot- If I was a tight end in this area I would seriously consider Iowa who actually uses their tight ends and I hate Iowa--but accordingly to "their" playbook it says they eligible to actually "catch" passes instead of just blocking.
My opinion only but I think Frost is going to go to a more running/TE based offense. I really think Fidone, (and other TE's) barring injury, will be a huge part of the offense from here out. Especially since our best running but poorest throwing QB is portalling out. All the QB's left on the roster are better passers than Luke (but not saying by a lot). With AM lacking, IMO, some confidence in throwing downfield, and with the true FR/RFR QB's, it screams to utilize a more TE dependent offense, with more emphasis on running.....and if Frost is too stubborn/egotistical to see/do that, we shall see him take his millions and go coach at a non-power 5 in a few years or drop back down to a coordinator position..

Last edited:

Wow, another TE--what's that make 20 if he accepts an offer, the big concern should be-- will we use ANY of them? Every year we hear how the tight end group is great and deep and throw to them 2 or 3 times a game MAX. It's been a long time since we've had a difference maker at the TE spot- If I was a tight end in this area I would seriously consider Iowa who actually uses their tight ends and I hate Iowa--but accordingly to "their" playbook it says they eligible to actually "catch" passes instead of just blocking.

They used the tight end a lot last year.

I will just say it now, and @Red Reign, @N2FL, and @ShortSideOption can chime in with their opinion but I do not think we will get either 2022 TE prospect...and it is NOT a big deal if we don't, except for all the teeth gnashing that will go on here (and other fan sites) if it happens. Why? We loaded up on TE's the 2021 class.....3 to be exact. ( iknow, there may be position changes down the road) Two more in 2022? Then one or so 2023? That is a crowded room...and what does that mean? crowded rooms = Portal time! Now I hope we get one or both of the 2022 TE's. But it is not the end of the world if they go elsewhere. Now for the other 3 in state players (and maybe a few more as time progresses? I hope we get them all!

Again, it is rare that the state of Nebraska is so flush with D-1 talent and a lot of it is TE's. Whatever happens, we will be good.
We could have our entire TE room be from a 100 mile radius in Lincoln if we wanted to. Nebraska produces some great TE recruits.

My opinion only but I think Frost is going to go to a more running/TE based offense. I really think Fidone, (and other TE's) barring injury, will be a huge part of the offense from here out. Especially since our best running but poorest throwing QB is portalling out. All the QB's left on the roster are better passers than Luke (but not saying by a lot). With AM lacking, IMO, some confidence in throwing downfield, and with the true FR/RFR QB's, it screams to utilize a more TE dependent offense, with more emphasis on running.....and if Frost is too stubborn/egotistical to see/do that, we shall see him take his millions and go coach at a non-power 5 in a few years or drop back down to a coordinator position..
What you are saying here reminds me of Iowa St. I only watched their bowl game... but they looked a lot like what you are saying here.

I thought this staff couldn't recruit Nebraska. :)
Ok GIFs | Tenor

34 catches 1 TD--- I guess we just have a different opinion on what " a lot" is. All good

It was more than the year before, and it was a high % of total usage. I think the overall lack of a solid passing game and an 8 game season makes those numbers look worse.

It will be if the Big doesnt adjust to us ;)

Last edited:

Anybody complaining we didnt use the TE‘s this year wasnt watching. That was our first /best option in the pass game almost every game.
Add in this new class, I'm excited.
Not ony are their traditional roles expanded, we have a couple who can be used in more exotic ways.
If SF is the coach who I believe he is, he will find all sorts of ways to exploit defenses with his TEs

Allen was definitely a "go to" target last year. Stoll would of been but was unfortunately injured 1st game and that lingered for the entire season, it seemed. Really looking forward to the new TE's!!

Allen was definitely a "go to" target last year. Stoll would of been but was unfortunately injured 1st game and that lingered for the entire season, it seemed. Really looking forward to the new TE's!!
Allen will be a stud next season he’s going to be very tough to cover.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back