• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers offrer 2023 Pierce TE Ben Brahmer

TE … or another position? Can't see more than one TE in this next class now after pulling three in the '21 class.

Bets on when he commits?

Depends. How much attention does he want? Is he a kid who wants to tell us how blessed he is to receive an offer every time he gets one? Does he enjoy the recruiting games on social media? Or does he know he wants N and just pull the trigger?

I hate to be pessimistic but I suspect a lot of Husker recruits wait until the mid to latter part of the season to commit. I think many are going to want to see progress and feel confident that the staff will still be here in 2022 and beyond. On the other hand, they could commit if they really want N and always decommit if there is a coaching change. I think it’s really important that we get off to a good start this fall. We have to show progress right out of the gate or it’s going to be next to impossible to put together another great class.

Last edited:
Depends. How much attention does he want? Is he a kid who wants to tell us how blessed he is to receive an offer every time he gets one? Does he enjoy the recruiting games on social media? Or does he know he wants N and just pull the trigger?

I hate to be pessimistic but I suspect a lot of Husker recruits wait until the mid to latter part of the season to commit. I think many are going to want to see progress and feel confident that the staff will still be here in 2022 and beyond. On the other hand, they could commit if they really want N and always decommit if there is a coaching change. I think it’s really important that we get off to a good start this fall. We have to show progress right out of the gate or it’s going to be next to impossible to put together another great class.

He is a 2023 recruit

Would not be surprised if he commits as the first guy to do so in the class and being a local guy becomes the face of the class and peer recruits etc

He's 2023. Might be an indication the staff is not confident on the two Omaha 2022 TE prospects?
I will just say it now, and @Red Reign, @N2FL, and @ShortSideOption can chime in with their opinion but I do not think we will get either 2022 TE prospect...and it is NOT a big deal if we don't, except for all the teeth gnashing that will go on here (and other fan sites) if it happens. Why? We loaded up on TE's the 2021 class.....3 to be exact. ( iknow, there may be position changes down the road) Two more in 2022? Then one or so 2023? That is a crowded room...and what does that mean? crowded rooms = Portal time! Now I hope we get one or both of the 2022 TE's. But it is not the end of the world if they go elsewhere. Now for the other 3 in state players (and maybe a few more as time progresses? I hope we get them all!

Again, it is rare that the state of Nebraska is so flush with D-1 talent and a lot of it is TE's. Whatever happens, we will be good.

I will just say it now, and @Red Reign, @N2FL, and @ShortSideOption can chime in with their opinion but I do not think we will get either 2022 TE prospect...and it is NOT a big deal if we don't, except for all the teeth gnashing that will go on here (and other fan sites) if it happens. Why? We loaded up on TE's the 2021 class.....3 to be exact. ( iknow, there may be position changes down the road) Two more in 2022? Then one or so 2023? That is a crowded room...and what does that mean? crowded rooms = Portal time! Now I hope we get one or both of the 2022 TE's. But it is not the end of the world if they go elsewhere. Now for the other 3 in state players (and maybe a few more as time progresses? I hope we get them all!

Again, it is rare that the state of Nebraska is so flush with D-1 talent and a lot of it is TE's. Whatever happens, we will be good.
Agree. The two TEs are not going to make or break us in any way. It would be great to get every recruit that we want from in state, but that’s not reality. Woods would be a great addition but we aren’t having trouble getting great O linemen from the 500 mile radius. We’re going to have to win to keep that up, but if Woods doesn’t want N he’s not that hard to replace. The guy I really want is Jackson but he seems to be intent on leaving the area like Dickerson. I think we go 0 for 4 on the Omaha fab 4 and that’s ok as long as we start winning games and we continue to recruit we’ll in the radius.

Great point @dparks ... unfortunately, some just grind away on these boards & to heck with any other reasonable perspectives.

Wow, another TE--what's that make 20 if he accepts an offer, the big concern should be-- will we use ANY of them? Every year we hear how the tight end group is great and deep and throw to them 2 or 3 times a game MAX. It's been a long time since we've had a difference maker at the TE spot- If I was a tight end in this area I would seriously consider Iowa who actually uses their tight ends and I hate Iowa--but accordingly to "their" playbook it says they eligible to actually "catch" passes instead of just blocking.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back