• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The weather..

Husker In Oklahoma

All American
20 Year Member
Yes, I think it should be here, to get the most traffic. It’s freezing in 80% of the country. Currently, at my house, it’s snowing heavily, and the temp is 14°, after a low this morning of -14°. Just crazy. Snow in Galveston, ice is the south. I sure hope everyone is staying safe, it’s terrible outside. My hot water just started working again after about 18 hours of not working. Blessings, wherever you’re at!

And here I am complaining that it hasn't reached 65 the past couple weeks. Thanks for putting it in perspective for me.

C

Yes, I think it should be here, to get the most traffic. It’s freezing in 80% of the country. Currently, at my house, it’s snowing heavily, and the temp is 14°, after a low this morning of -14°. Just crazy. Snow in Galveston, ice is the south. I sure hope everyone is staying safe, it’s terrible outside. My hot water just started working again after about 18 hours of not working. Blessings, wherever you’re at!
Snow in Galveston? Damn, this is a serious winter storm.

I’m in OKC brother, wild time for sure. Been chasing freezing pipes thru walls the last 3 days. If you and yours need anything that my clan can provide, please let me know.

I’m in OKC brother, wild time for sure. Been chasing freezing pipes thru walls the last 3 days. If you and yours need anything that my clan can provide, please let me know.
My hot water started working again. I sure feel for those with huge problems. Hope the pipes don’t stay frozen too long. Stay safe.

Living in northern New England we expect lots of cold and snow but over all we've experienced a mild winter so far. Yesterday it hit 46 degs and my driveway actually started melting off the ice and snow. Of course this morning it was back to 14 degs but that sure beats minus like so much of the midwest and of course the south is clueless how to deal with these temps. Hope all the folks out there get some warmer temps and everyone's power restored. I've had a 11KW self starting and switching propane generator for 15 years. Runs my entire home and it's hooked up to a 1000 gallon propane tank. One of my better purchases over the years.

thawed driveway.jpg

First day above zero in quite a while here in Lincoln. Hot water went out on Monday; still waiting on getting it restored. Hubby works at a truck stop and they have offered to open their showers to any residents in our mobile home community to use if needed, as has the YMCA locations throughout Lincoln. This cold snap reminds me of the year my youngest son was born. Was living in South Dakota at the time and one night I went to pick up my husband at work - with the wind chill it was -70 degrees. He slammed our car door shut and the window shattered - glass everywhere. I was so glad I had left the kids at home. I was gone about 20 minutes and it was brutally cold with the wind blowing in our car windows on the ride home. After living in SD for over 30 years, I am used to this crappy type of weather; I can't imagine how people in the south are dealing with something they have never had to deal with before.

I sincerely hope everyone makes it through this ok.

I recall delivering morning newspapers at wind chill minus 30, but didn't know that until my dogs and I got back from our route. I remember that was pretty cold. the coldest day I ever experienced in Lincoln was wind chill minus 53. Now that was pretty cold. Of course I also delivered afternoon papers in Lincoln one day at 115.

That was the weather element in Lincoln that made it kind of tough weather there. Really hot and really cold.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back