• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The weather..

Nashville has basically been shutdown since late Sunday night. Things began opening some today and we are expecting more ice and snow tonight. Temperatures have stayed in the teens so nothing is melting, roads are a mess because the city's 21 plows cannot keep up, and just today did I get enough employees to come to work to open up operations. I lived in Minnesota and Nebraska for many years but I can tell you I didn't see much like I've seen here. No way to navigate ice, no removal equipment, and folks just not used to driving in it.

I never miss that weather. Ugh. But Omaha has high 30s coming next week. Practically spring! It’s almost over.

Im in the Austin area. I've had power a total of 45 minutes in the last 48 hours. Water was out most of the day as well. The last three days have tested the limits of the Texas grid and it failed badly.

8a4ac1210887277bc53db94ab01dc9d9.jpg

I learned today from an expert in the natural gas market that the spot pricing for natural gas went bonkers in Oklahoma today with some of the pipeline issues there and in Texas ... something like $940 a Dth (decatherm).

Put it in context of what we had been paying for gas at the Fort this winter had been less than $5 per Dth.

Last edited:

856E50E3-F4DF-4B16-90F1-05E88D2CE0AE.jpeg

This is the stream flowing out of my backyard due to -31 degrees Monday morning. My pipes froze Tuesday due to power outage from rolling blackout. Can’t wait to see the bill for this one. So far I’m told my insurance will cover some of it. I’ve never wanted to see temperatures get back to 32 degrees as I do right now. :Thumbsdown:

I’m in OKC brother, wild time for sure. Been chasing freezing pipes thru walls the last 3 days. If you and yours need anything that my clan can provide, please let me know.
In OKC too and we've been lucky with our pipes so far. Had a water main freeze up out by us and our water pressure was barely a trickle for a couple of hours. Gearing up for track season and haven't been able to have practice for 2 weeks. I miss Nebraska but I've had my fill of their weather. Ready for this weekend when we get above frezzing.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back