• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WandaVision - initial thoughts

Episode 5:

The ending, pure genius! Bringing Fox's X-men version of Quicksilver into the MCU and replacing the Avengers version was a stroke of genius! And Darcy's line at the end "WHAT? She recast Pietro?", hilarious!

At least one of the X-Men now exist in the MCU.

Also, this is the 2nd time now that someone has said not to mention Captain Marvel's name. Once in this show and once in Spiderman Far From Home.

Last edited:
Episode 5:

The ending, pure genius! Bringing Fox's X-men version of Quicksilver into the MCU and replacing the Avengers version was a stroke of genius! And Darcy's line at the end "WHAT? She recast Pietro?", hilarious!

At least one of the X-Men now exist in the MCU.

Also, this is the 2nd time now that someone has said not to mention Captain Marvel's name. Once in this show and once in Spiderman Far From Home.
Good stuff... the show has definitely gotten better.

And I'm curious about what's going on with Captain Marvel. Are they going to recast her, too?

Good stuff... the show has definitely gotten better.

And I'm curious about what's going on with Captain Marvel. Are they going to recast her, too?
She's (Larson) supposed to be in Captain Marvel 2 so I don't know. I did like the new twists and turns.

I did get the feeling that ultimately Wanda and the "Hex" is not what the SWORD team thinks. The "Hex" reference goes towards a Mephisto link.

Last edited:
She's (Larson) supposed to be in Captain Marvel 2 so I don't know. I did like the new twists and turns.

I did get the feeling that ultimately Wanda and the "Hex" is not what the SWORD team thinks. The "Hex" reference goes towards a Mephisto link.
Maybe it's just wishful thinking that they replace Larsen. I'm sure Monica's reaction is more due to the idea that Danvers never returned, leaving Monica and her sick mother without someone they were close with.

I definitely think there will be some more twists, but I am not a comic book guy... pretty much everything I know about Marvel is from the movies. 10 years ago I couldn't have even told you that Steve Rogers = Captain America.

doubt larsen makes an appearance in this series, but who knows at 25mill and episode. couple mill for 5 minutes of acting sounds about on par for hollywood.....

Episodes 1-3: Ugh. I'm only watching this because Elizabeth Olsen is blazing. Yes this is all Wanda's grief talking in an insanely huge temper tantrum.
Episodes 4-5: FINALLY. I am onboard!

There are lots of bits here from the comic source material, so for non-comic nerds, it's easy to say "huh??". Peter Jessop is phenomenal as Vision, particularly as he begins to unravel Wanda's "plan".

Episodes 1-3: Ugh. I'm only watching this because Elizabeth Olsen is blazing. Yes this is all Wanda's grief talking in an insanely huge temper tantrum.
Episodes 4-5: FINALLY. I am onboard!

There are lots of bits here from the comic source material, so for non-comic nerds, it's easy to say "huh??". Peter Jessop is phenomenal as Vision, particularly as he begins to unravel Wanda's "plan".
I'm confused. I thought Paul Bettany played Vision? Did they change actors for WandaVision?

Only 1 episode left.

It was pretty obvious that Agnes was Agatha Harkness and knew what was going on. I was wondering if this series was going to show Monica gaining her powers to become Photon and/or other Captain Marvel, but it made sense as well, especially after Darcy mentioned that the barrier altered her cells. Now the only question in the final episode is whether Mephisto is really Agnes' mystery husband "George", and how they are going to wrap this thing up in 1 episode.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back