• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WandaVision - initial thoughts

huskrthill

Leading horses to water since 2009
10 Year Member
The first 2 episodes of WandaVision were released on Disney+ today.

I just finished watching the first episode, and I can see why they released two episodes instead of just one.

The first episode was really boring. It has a run time of around 29 1/2 minutes, but I'm not kidding you when I say the last 7 1/2 minutes of that is just credits.

Yikes.

I hope the 2nd episode is better.

For some reason I didn't expect it to be as old time sitcom campy as it was. (Dick Van Dyke/Bewitched)

I thought it was interesting though it's starting kind of slow. Episode 2 got a little weird.

For some reason I didn't expect it to be as old time sitcom campy as it was. (Dick Van Dyke/Bewitched)

I thought it was interesting though it's starting kind of slow. Episode 2 got a little weird.
Agree with all of it.

You can watch most Marvel movies as standalone films. You might not "get" everything, but they all have their own story.

I'm curious to see where WandaVision goes, but only because I'm already a Marvel fan. If someone started watching this as their first foray into the MCU, they wouldn't have watched for long.

When Lil' All 'N' gets home tomorrow night, we'll have a chance to watch it. I told the few ads that I had seen for it looked really strange and that I would be surprised if it were as good as most other Marvel shows.

I read that it is a tie in to the next Dr Strange movie, The Multiverse of Madness. I didn’t think Wandavision looked like it would be something I would enjoy, which makes sense as I didn’t like the first Dr Strange movie. I’ll likely watch it at some point. I heard it was really well done, just hard to figure out so far.

A lot of clues in the first 2 episodes that only pretty hardcore Marvel fans would notice. Things in the commercials, a logo here and there, a random seemingly innocent comment. I think they are using this show to bring in the next big bad in the MCU, and they may have dropped a big hint in episode 2.

Last edited:
A lot of clues in the first 2 episodes that only pretty hardcore Marvel fans would notice. Things in the commercials, a logo here and there, a random seemingly innocent comment. I think they are using this show to bring in the next big bad in the MCU, and they may have dropped a big hint in episode 2.
Yep, we finally watched the first two episodes. It's different, but, to set up what's happening in the future of the MCU it, it has to be.

More clues as to what is going on in Episode 3. I think I have the basics figured out.

In the comics Wanda has the ability to warp reality, something they have not touched upon in the MCU. It looks as if she has not been able to cope with the death of Vision, and has created her own little reality, but they have dropped hints that she is being influenced by someone. From a couple of the comments that have been used, I'm guessing Mephisto. It is also clear that this is all being monitored by S.W.O.R.D.

I read that it is a tie in to the next Dr Strange movie, The Multiverse of Madness. I didn’t think Wandavision looked like it would be something I would enjoy, which makes sense as I didn’t like the first Dr Strange movie. I’ll likely watch it at some point. I heard it was really well done, just hard to figure out so far.

Loved the First Dr. Strange movie. Eager to hear why you were not a fan!

This is getting interesting but it bugs me that 5 or 6 minutes of the episodes are credits.

Loved the First Dr. Strange movie. Eager to hear why you were not a fan!
I didn’t enjoy it either and I love Marvel movies. It just seemed to move slow. I also didn’t care for the weird graphics when he casts spells. To be fair I’m not a huge Dr. Strange fan anyway.

After episode 4, Lil' All 'N' is now hooked. When the FBI agent did the magic trick, he immediately said Ant-Man taught him that. He also liked that there are several characters from other movies.

I'm interested to see where episode 5 goes now that things are kind of tied together in the first 4 episodes. It was weird until episode 4.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back