• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Scott Frost February presser

Omar, still not healthy, what is the deal there ? did he break an ankle ? or something we dont want to speculate publicly on ? Its just hard to believe he still isnt healthy ? Is he quietly suspended or academically on the edge ?

Last edited:

Not to hijack the thread....but just wanted to poke at Duck here for one of my pet peeves. Suh and David have earned the right to play for SB rings.... they haven't done quite enough yet to deserve them. We'll see Sunday. I'll be rooting for them.

There's admittedly a luck element to the whole thing. Suh, for example, has been an all-pro, dominant player across the league for for his entire career... who happened to get stuck on crappy teams. The Rams almost pulled it off, but not quite. I don't blame the guy for wanting to get that title.

Brady, on the other hand, lucked out in exactly the opposite way. You can argue that he's the best quarterback in history, but he's typically been surrounded by elite level RBs, WRs and TEs, plus a coach who knows how to take advantage of those talents.

Better than 2018 with Morgan and Spielman? Not sure I buy it, but if the WR group is better than 2018 even after losing Robinson, we could be in for a pleasant surprise.
On paper, you have:

Lindsey
McQuitty
Spielman
Morgan
Reimers
Warner
Williams
Hunt
McGriff
Woodyard

This year we have:

Falck
Nance
Brown
Manning
Houston
Nixon
Betts
Hahn
Liewer
Hickman
Martin
Grimes
Hardy
Neville
Toure

If we just use the eye test, he’s right, this does look deeper and more talented.

Omar, still not healthy, what is the deal there ? did he break an ankle ? or something we dont want to speculate publicly on ? Its just hard to believe he still isnt healthy ? Is he quietly suspended or academically on the edge ?
Yeah, what's up with Manning does he have malaria? They've been using this "nicked up" excuse with him since he got here. Nicked up.......doing what?

Yeah, what's up with Manning does he have malaria? They've been using this "nicked up" excuse with him since he got here. Nicked up.......doing what?

On paper, you have:

Lindsey
McQuitty
Spielman
Morgan
Reimers
Warner
Williams
Hunt
McGriff
Woodyard

This year we have:

Falck
Nance
Brown
Manning
Houston
Nixon
Betts
Hahn
Liewer
Hickman
Martin
Grimes
Hardy
Neville
Toure

If we just use the eye test, he’s right, this does look deeper and more talented.
Deeper probably, at least by the pure number of scholarship players. More talented is debatable, though there was a steep drop off in 2018 after the top two.

Nobody on the 2021 list has more than 1 TD catch or more than 20 receptions in their NU careers. If Manning and Toure are who we hope they are, we might have something.

Better than 2018 with Morgan and Spielman? Not sure I buy it, but if the WR group is better than 2018 even after losing Robinson, we could be in for a pleasant surprise.
Wish he’d make those projections more vanilla this fan base needs to see some results on the field . Potential simply means you haven’t done anything YET. I am sure there’s going to be improvement but WHY put more pressure on yourself with those kind of statements?

Wish he’d make those projections more vanilla this fan base needs to see some results on the field . Potential simply means you haven’t done anything YET. I am sure there’s going to be improvement but WHY put more pressure on yourself with those kind of statements?
I think hes being honest,looking ahead, hes saying what he sees.
Maybe at some point, we wont be wanting to know 'basics'.as in, what will we finally see, but potentially, overall how things are looking.
Best,most etc, all may be true, but experience beats them all, we just havnt had that yet, for him to come in from that POV

I had heard it was mental illness/depression/anxiety?

So could take quite awhile.

I would think being with teammates would be the best treatment.

As an aside, the psychological effects of social isolation will be much more significant on the young, than the injuries/deaths inflicted upon the 65+.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back