• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

No changes to the coaching staff

Like firing head coaches every few years and hitting the reset button on the program over and over again? Yes. That’s insane.
ummm scuse me but 11 wins in 3 seasons is not getting it done. Running off good players or keeping them on the bench while we struggle aint getting it done either. I was hoping we could upgrade position coaches, other more successful teams do it all the time. Keeping a mediocre coach is a good way to glue yourself to the bottome of the conference forever. The record is perty clear on a coach after 3 season and the B1G has teams which prove it year in and year out and it looks like we joined them.

In this instance the 'Same thing' would be hitting the reset button.

Everyone needs to take deep breath's and give it a minute.
You dont have to change the top dog, but there is plenty of room for improvement in a lot of the other coaches. O line comes to mind.

No, when have we done this before?
Our response has been EVERY time, start anew.
Thats what im saying.
Longevity would not have made a difference with Riley or Callahan and it did nothing for Pellini either. We have hired the wrong guys every time and it looks (take the blinders off) Frost is the same way. The powers whiffed with hiring Pederson and we are still seeing the results of that disaster.

I think having our 5 million dollar coach work with AM is a great idea. Who better to improve our passing game than Scott Frost? That’s a lot better than letting some hack like Curt Warner work with him who has offered to do it for free. It is also a great idea to not let the quarterbacks work with any qb gurus in the off season. Why let them spend their own money on self improvement when we give them quality proven training for free. Brilliant I tell you just brilliant.

Last edited:
Longevity would not have made a difference with Riley or Callahan and it did nothing for Pellini either. We have hired the wrong guys every time and it looks (take the blinders off) Frost is the same way. The powers whiffed with hiring Pederson and we are still seeing the results of that disaster.
So, if we lose and give up 70 to a pretty good team, yet 50 something to the second best team, you are happy because we usually won against the teams we were supposed to beat?
When MR went 7-0, it was nice, but that was all it was.
Callahan, he recruited well, and destroyed much.

We all want wins, but each coach is different, yet none of those three, Bo was the 70 point guy, were never conf champions at any level, ever.
Not one ever fielded a undefeated team, ever.

If this line is not something to like, then who blocked for UCFs tea that scored more points than the top two teams did against Auburn that year?
Now, did Austin just tell those guys, go ahead and do what the previous staff showed you, or did he actually coach them?
Were those UCF guys then higher rated guys?

No one likes losing, but repeated doing the same thing that hasnt worked for fear of losing is something all together different.

So I guess nothing changes. Play calling will be the same as the last part of last year, AM just needs s a little coaching up, no need to have someone responsible for ST and instead have everyone responsible, etc.

I am dazzled by a plan that gives a guy play calling responsibilities only to have his boss walk by with maybe nothing else to do at that minute grab the mike and call something with no regard for what was in the mind of the play caller. Or a "plan" that says everyone will take a crack at laying on a special teams comment or two when they have nothing else to do in their filed of responsibility. that should really create an organized ST. Or believing that the real AM is the one that doesn't make costly mistakes at the wrong time, with three years of history showing that not to be the case - just needs a little more of the wizardry of the QB coaching guru..

One thing our HC is doing is clarifying his bonafides as a HC. It is clear he has none.

What a goal - compete for the division crown in the fourth year.

"They better get us early because after that watch out!" Yeah. Sure.

I think having our 5 million dollar coach work with AM is a great idea. Who better to improve our passing game than Scott Frost? That’s a lot better than letting some hack like Curt Warner work with him who has offered to do it for free. It is also a great idea to not let the quarterbacks work with any qb gurus in the off season. Why let them spend their own money on self improvement then we give them quality proven training for free. Brilliant I tell you just brilliant.
Curt was the master of the RPO.

So I guess nothing changes. Play calling will be the same as the last part of last year, AM just needs s a little coaching up, no need to have someone responsible for ST and instead have everyone responsible, etc.

I am dazzled by a plan that gives a guy play calling responsibilities only to have his boss walk by with maybe nothing else to do at that minute grab the mike and call something with no regard for what was in the mind of the play caller. Or a "plan" that says everyone will take a crack at laying on a special teams comment or two when they have nothing else to do in their filed of responsibility. that should really create an organized ST. Or believing that the real AM is the one that doesn't make costly mistakes at the wrong time, with three years of history showing that not to be the case - just needs a little more of the wizardry of the QB coaching guru..

One thing our HC is doing is clarifying his bonafides as a HC. It is clear he has none.

What a goal - compete for the division crown in the fourth year.

"They better get us early because after that watch out!" Yeah. Sure.
Sounds like theres two head coaches...
Or, that one doesnt know the other,and both have different systems.
Like one wants wishbone , the other wants WCO.

We know they tried to get young Snyder,like no one was trying?
Snyder got more money at USC, must be USCs fault.

Again, its just uncanny how AM landing on his head always causes him to fumble.

I suggest,just do as your version of SF has done, as a fan, just give up

I was looking at Sabans coaching resume.. was he really that much better than Frost (at the same point in their careers)? Obviously, that is not an easy thing to answer.. Sabans "weak" spot was his time at MSU, but was still better than anything Frost has done.. So why? Also, how did Saban go from 2-6 his first year, to not losing more than 3 games from that point? Before Saban, Bama, since 97, was .680 or less with the previous 3 coaches.

Was it because Saban was looking to progress that help him grow and learn? I would say that is probably a decent sized part of the equation.

I think Frost needs to question what he is doing every year, to grow and get better. Not saying he isn't doing that, but when you look at on field play by certain segments of this team, and then see Frost say he isn't changing anything, it makes you wonder.

The below is just giving my stance...
I have not now, nor have I in the past, called for Frost's head. I have said he needs to stay, but if he doesn't make changes to a system that isn't working, I won't continue to support him (not saying I will call for him to be fired, just won't lobby for him to stay).

I don't think I'm ready to compare Frost to Saban, Osborne, etc. He's had one great year and 'Meh' year and three years of 'What in the...'.

I still like his ceiling, but he's got to prove me right at this point.

What went wrong? Arrogance and youth, IMO.

He went 13-0 at UCF, beat Auburn in the bowl game and came into Lincoln like the conquering king. I get it. Two years as a head coach, 42 years old, former NFL player and National Championship QB for the Huskers. Yeah, my yarbles would be swinging with authority as well. He took for granted that he'd get buy in and HIS kind of effort from everyone. Ran some guys off, rub some the wrong way and fell on his face. Let's hope he's learned a bunch from three humbling years. He's visually aged from the experience, but only time will tell if he's going to learn from it, grow because of it and change what needs changing. I don't see his standing pat on his staff (Minus the ST analyst) as a sign of weakness or refusal to change. Have another losing year in 2021 and he has no choice. The only way he stays is winning in 2022 and if we can't break .500 this fall, well, barring something miraculous it is the staff.

This is concerning. I did not expect wholesale change but whoa, all is not well.

In Frost's defense, not a lot of established coaches who would be clear upgrades are in a hurry to jump onto a sinking ship.

In Frost's defense, not a lot of established coaches who would be clear upgrades are in a hurry to jump onto a sinking ship.

Serious question.

Is the 'Sinking ship' perception something you're hearing outside of Frost's detractors here?

Honestly I don't think we can say the ship is holding water until he has a bad start to the 2021 season. For all it's warts, 2020 isn't going to be the start of Frost 'walking the plank' (Since we're going nautical).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back