• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Isaac Zatechka gets PWO offer at NU

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he isn’t really a fit for our offense. Would he even get a walk on offer if he wasn’t a legacy? Would anyone even care? I don’t think so. The staff has done a great job with the walk on program. And they are cranking it up on identifying and recruiting the Omaha metro area kids. There are plenty of things to be critical of. This is not one of them. Best of luck to the kid.
There is little downside to offering a PWO. When there is some talent and it is a legacy and in your recruiting circle you offer it. There is more value created by the goodwill than any harm if he doesn't see the field.

Did Mizzou upgrade their offer from PWO to scholarship, or maybe some sort of greyshirt deal?

If Mizzou is still just a PWO offer, odd that he would take that over NU after he and his family pushed hard for NU to extend a PWO offer.

He's not a fit for our offense? How so?

And he wasn't a legacy for Kansas State and Mizzou, but he got a walk-on offer and just committed to a team that finished 3rd in the SEC East in his first season there.
He’s not athletic enough to play the interior line with our blocking schemes.

He got his walk on offer and opted to decline. Turn the page.

There is little downside to offering a PWO. When there is some talent and it is a legacy and in your recruiting circle you offer it. There is more value created by the goodwill than any harm if he doesn't see the field.
Well, he got his offer and declined. He didn’t really want to go to NU.

Just so i'm clear... we offered a guy that wasn't athletic enough to play for us and wasn't a fit for our scheme?

Who told you that?
Why do you think the offer was late in the process? He only got an offer because he’s a legacy. I’m fine with the walk on offer. I’m also fine with the fact that he went elsewhere. The hand wringing over the loss of a margin walk on prospect is... interesting.

Why do you think the offer was late in the process? He only got an offer because he’s a legacy. I’m fine with the walk on offer. I’m also fine with the fact that he went elsewhere. The hand wringing over the loss of a margin walk on prospect is... interesting.
I can’t speak fo @ShortSideOption but to me this is a symptom of a bigger virus that needs to be fixed.

Outstanding recruiting class that isn’t done yet. Added some key transfers. But a walk on chooses Misery over NU and it’s a symptom of a virus? Ridiculous.
I guess your evidence of us coming such a long way since the firing MR is pretty compelling. When you can produce such a stellar record as 12-20 there’s no need to question anything the staff is doing as long as it’s led by Scott Frost.

I hate seeing in state guys, walk-ons or scholarship, guys leave the state, but I just can't get too upset over a 17/18 yr old kid that has not played a down yet. Maybe there is something bigger going on here, maybe the coaching staff screwed up, they are not going to be 100%, heck if they are even 50% right in their assessment of players then they are doing good. It is a shame to miss out on the kid, but where do you draw the line. What about the next kid, what if we don't offer him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back