• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Isaac Zatechka gets PWO offer at NU

Status
Not open for further replies.

I guess your evidence of us coming such a long way since the firing MR is pretty compelling. When you can produce such a stellar record as 12-20 there’s no need to question anything the staff is doing as long as it’s led by Scott Frost.
He's undefeated in the off-season though. ;)

He's undefeated in the off-season though. ;)
We went from discussing a walk on recruit to Frost record. But by all means, encourage the idiocy.

If you guys just want to grind axe why don’t you just say so in every post, no matter the subject. Attempts to engage in any actual discussion on this board has become pointless. I feel like I’m hanging out with a bunch of Iowa fans.

Why don’t you explain to me how all this is a strawman and then I can go from there. I think there are plenty of symptoms to go around to have concerns about the direction of the program. Player retention and development being big ones. You have a local kid that obviously has some talent with family ties to the program that can’t even get a walk on offer until it becomes a PR issue. I have no problems with people supporting the direction the Scott Frost is trying to take the team. I have issues with those that want to turn a blind eye toobvious concerns or have a bigger problem with a fan on a fan board giving a opinion.

Why don’t you explain to me how all this is a strawman and then I can go from there. I think there are plenty of symptoms to go around to have concerns about the direction of the program. Player retention and development being big ones. You have a local kid that obviously has some talent with family ties to the program that can’t even get a walk on offer until it becomes a PR issue. I have no problems with people supporting the direction the Scott Frost is trying to take the team. I have issues with those that want to turn a blind eye toobvious concerns or have a bigger problem with a fan on a fan board giving a opinion.
Go look up the definition of straw man, review our discussion and get back to me.

There are lots of symptoms that things aren’t right in Lincoln right now. That’s not a strawman no matter how much you want to get clever. Care to debate the real issue?

There are lots of symptoms that things aren’t right in Lincoln right now. That’s not a strawman no matter how much you want to get clever. Care to debate the real issue?
It’s a straw man because nobody in this thread said there weren’t problems in the program. You began arguing against a statement that nobody made. That’s a straw man, by definition.

Bottom line, if there is an in-state kid who gets a scholarship offer to an FCS school, he should get a PWO offer from Nebraska within 48 hours. Period.

Where is the self righteous talent evaluation component in that! It would be weird admitting that other coaches know things.

I can’t speak fo @ShortSideOption but to me this is a symptom of a bigger virus that needs to be fixed.
Exactly right. I'm not in here to tell people how huge of an issue it is we didn't sign this kid. What I am telling you is if you show the kid attention and make him feel wanted, and actually have him evaluated and known about before out of state schools, he is at Nebraska. You would have a walk-on legacy and a true center committed with zero risk.

But what I am trying to tell people is what happened with Isaac is why we had to play catch-up with Dickerson. Luckily we stepped our game up there. What I am telling you is Woods got some of the same treatment Zatechka got.

Just need to do better. Staff knows that.

We went from discussing a walk on recruit to Frost record. But by all means, encourage the idiocy.

If you guys just want to grind axe why don’t you just say so in every post, no matter the subject. Attempts to engage in any actual discussion on this board has become pointless. I feel like I’m hanging out with a bunch of Iowa fans.
12-20 kinda encourages the idiocy on it's own.

Listen, some of you guys are so hell bent on carrying Frost's balls that any legitimate discussion is pointless. There's reason for skepticism and critique. You don't want an actual discussion though. You want someone to assuage your fears and tell you everything is fine despite what your eyes see for themselves. I'll make jokes from time to time because:
A) That's who I am.
B) It beats feeling negative about the state of my favorite sports team all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back