• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wandale....

We need a transfer portal for fans. Nebraska would return to the glory days if it dropped some of this dead weight.

Nebraska needs fewer fans! :Biggrin:

Ticket.jpg

My guess is he heads somewhere other than the obvious and all this Covid talk gets put in perspective. It may be a bit closer to home but it will be with a contender that has a history of using guys like him.

Totally agree with this.

IMO Wan'dale's quote in Sipple's column that this is "50-50" about COVID and the NFL is important. As is Sean Callahan's column where he says there were "rumblings" about Wan'dale transferring last year. To his credit, he did absolutely everything asked of him and tried his best to help his team win in every way possible. Unfortunately, if he keeps playing RB in the Big Ten he's going to be beaten up so much by the time he enters the NFL draft it might shorten his career. Not to mention that he's very unlikely to be a RB at the next level, and a lack of video/highlights of him playing WR wouldn't help him in the draft process.

If Frost had been able to develop a RB not named Mills this transfer might not have happened.

Last edited:
This from an article linked on the front page, after seeing these stats I can see why no decent WR would want to play here.

Once again, the bigger question remains how did we get to this point?

Frost will be heading into a pivotal fourth season at Nebraska, and it almost has the feel as if he is starting over in the skill position department. This team will have no proven backs or receivers in 2021, and they will have the only starting quarterback returning in the Big Ten (Adrian Martinez) that did not have a touchdown pass of 20 yards or longer in 2020.

Martinez was just 6-of-20 for 176 yards on his throws that traveled 20 yards or more last season. He had a Big Ten worst 24.2 NFL passer rating on those throws according to PFF. Michigan’s Joe Milton was the next worst with a 53.2 NFL passer rating on deep-ball throws.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/fi...ure-puts-nu-in-a-tough-spot-heading-into-2021
Again, we got here by knee jerk administrators wanting to put their own personal stamp on a once storied program and therefore continuing to change coaches.
Onward to next year. And brighter cheerier days of success

Disappointed by the 50-50 comment, but who knows how the question was asked to him by the reporter. Really sucks to lose a player that seemed to be a leader as well as a producer on the field. At this point it's next man up.

This stuff really is getting old though. They pay a head coach millions of dollars a year and top dollar to the rest of the staff and we can't get multiple position group rotations ready for gameday?

Wandale is a good player, but he’s not some program changer. There’s no excuse not to significantly improve next year, with or without him.
I know what you mean, but I'd argue we don't know if he's a program changer because of the way he was utilized and having a QB with zero long range accuracy.

This from an article linked on the front page, after seeing these stats I can see why no decent WR would want to play here.

Once again, the bigger question remains how did we get to this point?

Frost will be heading into a pivotal fourth season at Nebraska, and it almost has the feel as if he is starting over in the skill position department. This team will have no proven backs or receivers in 2021, and they will have the only starting quarterback returning in the Big Ten (Adrian Martinez) that did not have a touchdown pass of 20 yards or longer in 2020.

Martinez was just 6-of-20 for 176 yards on his throws that traveled 20 yards or more last season. He had a Big Ten worst 24.2 NFL passer rating on those throws according to PFF. Michigan’s Joe Milton was the next worst with a 53.2 NFL passer rating on deep-ball throws.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/fi...ure-puts-nu-in-a-tough-spot-heading-into-2021

Almost as bad as his efficiency with those throws, is the fact Nebraska only threw 20 passes that traveled over 20 yards threw the air in 8 games. Holy crap.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back