• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dedrick Mills To Announce His Plans For 2021 In The Next Week

NFL minimum salary is $610,000 a year.
That is more than twice as much I ever earned working 55-60 hours a week with every other weekend on call as a Nephrologist at Mayo Clinic.
I at least can see why Mills would want to go pro now at 24 years old knowing average career for back is less than five years.

All the best to him, I hope he makes it.

That is more than twice as much I ever earned working 55-60 hours a week with every other weekend on call as a Nephrologist at Mayo Clinic.
I at least can see why Mills would want to go pro now at 24 years old knowing average career for back is less than five years.

He's 24 years old? I guess I never realized that. Yeah, if he's received feedback on draft possibility, and he feels confident he'll be drafted this year, then he needs to go to the NFL. One more year of CFB means one more year of wear and tear, while not earning a paycheck.

On the other hand not sure his age would be that much of a negative factor? Why RB's only last about 5 years on average is the pounding they take not so much age imo. Yes people heal faster younger but he's only 24. Staubach didn't get to the NFL until 27 the same as Tayson Hill. They can't say Mills has been over worked in college since he only has 1912 yds total his entire college career. Hall at ISU had over 1500 yds just this season and he's only a Soph! lol I still think a good 2021 season for Mills might get him drafted which is a lot more money up front. Question remains does he want to bet on himself and will he get a lot more carries in Frost offense?

Any update on when we may hear a decision?

I doubt he will be drafted. Wish he was coming back.
A couple of these posts could be interpreted that he has decided to declare for the draft, but I don''t see anywhere that he has. Did I miss it?

I am sure he has done his due diligence. I would like him to come back b/c he decided to go to the team I love to cheer for. I do not think he gets drafted. However, if he comes back, works his tail off and has a decent season (ie staying healthy) against the sked we have he WILL get drafted. The biggest issue is whether the B1G stays out of the way and lets us have a season AND he stays healthy. If not, get a seasoned RB out of the portal and let's see some of our young bucks inc Luke at RB.

I am sure he has done his due diligence. I would like him to come back b/c he decided to go to the team I love to cheer for. I do not think he gets drafted. However, if he comes back, works his tail off and has a decent season (ie staying healthy) against the sked we have he WILL get drafted. The biggest issue is whether the B1G stays out of the way and lets us have a season AND he stays healthy. If not, get a seasoned RB out of the portal and let's see some of our young bucks inc Luke at RB.
Nailed it

A couple of these posts could be interpreted that he has decided to declare for the draft, but I don''t see anywhere that he has. Did I miss it?

Same question. No updates on the Hmax main page either. I guess most are just assuming it’s a foregone conclusion.

If I am reading correct info and he is 24 years old he would have to have an amazing season next year for a team to even consider drafting a 25 year old running back. Its a long shot for him to get drafted this year but it is getting harder and harder no matter what his performance looks like.

Does anyone know for sure at this point he isn’t coming back?
No. I think people are anticipating he’s not gonna come back because a couple others have announced that they will be returning and he has not. But it’s just speculation at this point. If he is coming back we should know within a week or two given that he would have to be taking classes. As a senior, he doesn’t have to declare for the draft like underclassmen.

As a sidenote, I believe any underclassmen have a week after the national championship to declare for the NFL draft. So we should start getting a pretty clear picture of who is in and who is out here soon.

Many of you are basing Mills return on a "normal" 2021 football season.

I am guessing that a "normal" 2021 season at about 20%, with it being far more likely that we will still see Covid induced protocols, testing, restrictions, etc.

Thus the chances that Mills would get a full season to display his talents are in significant doubt, another factor he must clearly be weighing in his decision about whether or not to return to DONU for another year.

Here is a quote from Fauci (boob, but he will be a key influencer in the incoming administration) about what 2021 "normal" may look like. The headline looks good, but its predicated on a rapid vaccine roll out which is not occurring.

GBR

Last edited:

I never underestimate the will of Americans, but this is hardly going in blind like this last year also.
But, we can guess all we want, he will make his decision

...yes...is that adequate compensation for the very real possibility of not knowing your own name by the time you reach 50?

They can have their $610K per year. I’ll keep my day job.

BTW...I always got confused with nephrologists... are they the ones that help make you go pee? or help keep you from having to go pee?

Last edited:

...yes...is that adequate compensation for the very real possibility of not knowing your own name by the time you reach 50?

They can have their $610K per year. I’ll keep my day job.

BTW...I always got confused with nephrologists... are they the ones that help make you go pee? or help keep you from having to go pee?
Not sure,likely related to nieceoligists though

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back