• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Indiana thumbs it’s nose at B1G

Yep. The fact is they did change the rule. My argument was and still is that the original rule was the mistake and they eventually corrected their mistake. I gave them the benefit of the doubt given that the conference was adjusting to a pandemic, and some of these things were not well anticipated. But in the end they got it right in my opinion.

It would have been a slap at the B1G if OSU didn't make the CFP game and it all landed on the laps of the CCP's, who made horrible decisions in the first place.

Hogwash. There is no rationality to it. Ohio state was just as Instrumental in fighting to play this year as Nebraska and now you are saying they aren't being conspired against? The bottom line is they got it right. It's no wonder many believe the B1G hate us when our fans keep whining as if the B1G is the reason we suck.
So it is just sour grapes then.

C
Did they get it right ... yeah ... but that’s not the point. They changed the rules mid-stream to benefit one of its leading institutions ... to the detriment of another of its institutions - Indiana.

When Nebraska suggested playing a non-conference game in lieu of the cancelled Wisconsin game ... what rationale was there NOT to allow this? Why not allow that to happen?

It isn‘t whining, it isn’t sour grapes ... it is recognizing the complete and utter inconsistencies and inequities in their thinking, their actions and their rationales.

Did they get it right ... yeah ... but that’s not the point. They changed the rules mid-stream to benefit one of its leading institutions ... to the detriment of another of its institutions - Indiana.

When Nebraska suggested playing a non-conference game in lieu of the cancelled Wisconsin game ... what rationale was there NOT to allow this? Why not allow that to happen?

It isn‘t whining, it isn’t sour grapes ... it is recognizing the complete and utter inconsistencies and inequities in their thinking, their actions and their rationales.
By your logic, because they got nine things wrong they shouldn’t be allowed to get the tenth thing right. And the reason for that is because they got nine things wrong. That’s your logic.

Nobody is saying they weren’t a cluster. They were. But they got this one thing right. I’m sorry if it hurt Indiana’s feelings. If Indiana didn’t want to get their feelings hurt they should’ve beat Ohio State when they played in the regular season.

By your logic, because they got nine things wrong they shouldn’t be allowed to get the tenth thing right. And the reason for that is because they got nine things wrong. That’s your logic.

Nobody is saying they weren’t a cluster. They were. But they got this one thing right. I’m sorry if it hurt Indiana’s feelings. If Indiana didn’t want to get their feelings hurt they should’ve beat Ohio State when they played in the regular season.
No ... They didn’t get it right ... if you are going to issue unequivocals then live by the unequivocal.

Being right for the wrong reason isn’t being right ... and truthfully this isn’t about right and wrong it is about the school yard bully doing something that serves their own self interest ... even if that action “correct” or appropriate by external measure he‘s still a school yard bully.

They didn’t change their mind because they decided to make the right choice, they changed their mind because it served their own personal self interest.

Maybe it's sappy, maybe it's old-fashioned, but some people still believe integrity means something.

I think given how difficult this year has been it is okay that they made the change. Do we really expect everyone to see the future in the middle of a global pandemic. The fact that you are bringing up NU not getting a make up game kinda proves it is sour grapes.

C

Here is the problem. The 6game rule was stupid. Knee jerk rule put in place that had nothing to do with player safety and yet reliant on games NOT being played by other stupid rules. The ultimate goal is to get the BEST and most deserving teams into the conference championship. People bitching about Ohio State being in it aren't being rational. Whining that they changed the rules is stupid. Instead we should be applauding the B1G for the rare correct decision.

completely disagree. The B1G’s abrupt heel turn highlights their hypocrisy. They set up stupid rules, and should have to suffer the consequences of those stupid rules.
They made their bed, they should lie in it.

You:
Also you:
I surrender.
I was confused by the contradiction myself.
C
Whatever ... rather than address the point being made you both are being pedantic, argumentative and ignoring the thesis of the debate.

For the record:
Should tOSU have been in the B1G championship game? Were they one of the best team in conference? Answer to the question is yes.

Based on the rules set forth at the beginning of the season should have been in the CCG? Answer to the question is no.

But you’d rather argue inconsequential minutia than about facts!

Whatever ... rather than address the point being made you both are being pedantic, argumentative and ignoring the thesis of the debate.

For the record:
Should tOSU have been in the B1G championship game? Were they one of the best team in conference? Answer to the question is yes.

Based on the rules set forth at the beginning of the season should have been in the CCG? Answer to the question is no.

But you’d rather argue inconsequential minutia than about facts!
You just made the argument for why the conference should have changed the rule, as they did.

But but but. You should have stopped when you said they got it right. I can't believe you can bitch about the decision making mistakes they made and then be upset that they didn't make another one. Get over it.

completely disagree. The B1G’s abrupt heel turn highlights their hypocrisy. They set up stupid rules, and should have to suffer the consequences of those stupid rules.
They made their bed, they should lie in it.
This is stupid. Believing....or hoping.... negative consequences should come about (they made their bed, they should lie in it) is childish. What good does that do anyone? Makes Nebraska fans look like crybabies for no reason and on something that only has positive results for us.

You just made the argument for why the conference should have changed the rule, as they did.
I do not believe I did. Hillary won the popular vote in ‘16. Should we change the rules after the election was completed to allow her to have won the presidency?

Rules are rules. You formulate strategies and actions based on the rules in place. Changing the rules to benefit one party over another in the midst of the contest are not ethical or moral.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back