• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Indiana thumbs it’s nose at B1G

I got beat up for saying it at the time, but OSU to the B1G conference championship was the right call. But I do find it funny that IU is giving them the bird for doing so.

I would agree that tOSU is the best team in the conference. HOWEVER, based on the STUPID rules the B1G set up, they should not have been allowed to play. Too bad, so sad. Didn't play in enough games to qualify. Suck it, tOSU. Suck it, B1G.

#FAIL

I think OSU was the right call, but the point is that the Big kept changing the rules. OSU was the better team but they didn't qualify with enough games. Then all of a sudden the rules change? That to me is the issue, not who the better team is/was.

The big needs to fire warren and say we made a mistake, then move on from there.

Also include the rules change the reduction of the 21-day sit out rule. Olave got Covid, and they reduced the sit out time to 17 days. Lo and behold, that made him eligible for the semifinal game!

Rules for thee but not for me.

Last edited:
Here is the problem. The 6game rule was stupid. Knee jerk rule put in place that had nothing to do with player safety and yet reliant on games NOT being played by other stupid rules. The ultimate goal is to get the BEST and most deserving teams into the conference championship. People bitching about Ohio State being in it aren't being rational. Whining that they changed the rules is stupid. Instead we should be applauding the B1G for the rare correct decision.

Here is the problem. The 6game rule was stupid. Knee jerk rule put in place that had nothing to do with player safety and yet reliant on games NOT being played by other stupid rules. The ultimate goal is to get the BEST and most deserving teams into the conference championship. People bitching about Ohio State being in it aren't being rational. Whining that they changed the rules is stupid. Instead we should be applauding the B1G for the rare correct decision.
That’s not the point ... if NU was undefeated but under the minimum game rule does the B1G change the rule? It is a theoretical unanswerable question but many of us believe and could make an argument that Warren and the B1G would not have changed the rule.

The B1G (and the media along with many conference members) eviscerated NU for its failure to fall in line with what is best for the conference but the conference moved mountains to benefit its other members seemingly haphazardly ... not only tOSU but also for example allowing Wisconsin and Minnesota to play instead of the conference cross-over.

Where is the outrage from Howard, Wilbon, the media and the B1G about Indiana?

Last edited:
That’s not the point ... if NU was undefeated but under the minimum game rule does the B1G change the rule? It is a theoretical unanswerable question but many of us believe and could make an argument that Warren and the B1G would not have changed the rule.

The B1G (and the media along with many conference members) eviscerated NU for its failure to fall in line with what is best for the conference but the conference moved mountains to benefit its other members seemingly haphazardly ... not only tOSU but also for example allowing Wisconsin and Minnesota to play instead of the conference cross-over.

Hogwash. There is no rationality to it. Ohio state was just as Instrumental in fighting to play this year as Nebraska and now you are saying they aren't being conspired against? The bottom line is they got it right. It's no wonder many believe the B1G hate us when our fans keep whining as if the B1G is the reason we suck.

So it is just sour grapes then.

C

Hogwash. There is no rationality to it. Ohio state was just as Instrumental in fighting to play this year as Nebraska and now you are saying they aren't being conspired against? The bottom line is they got it right. It's no wonder many believe the B1G hate us when our fans keep whining as if the B1G is the reason we suck.

This year was not easy on anyone and mistakes have been made across the board in every field, sport, job, state, school, etc.... I think it is a good thing that people can recognize that is was an ever changing environment and were able to adjust and get things right. OSU beat Indiana, period. I think the talking heads take shots at NU because the fan base is so easy to rile up which indirectly puts money in their pockets.

C

Where is Jim Delany when you need him?
It feels like decades ago when there was a sense of solidarity and clear-eyed leadership in the Big 10. All that’s left for Warren to do now is to screw up the new TV contract. He’s basically squandered the good will and unity Delaney spent many years inculcating into the identity of the conference, in just one season.

This year was not easy on anyone and mistakes have been made across the board in every field, sport, job, state, school, etc.... I think it is a good thing that people can recognize that is was an ever changing environment and were able to adjust and get things right. OSU beat Indiana, period. I think the talking heads take shots at NU because the fan base is so easy to rile up which indirectly puts money in their pockets.

C
Agreed, OSU was the better choice for the championship game. But:

1) It still screwed over Indiana by changing the rules of the game at the end of the season.
2) How obvious of a choice was it to try and throw Indiana a bone by granting them a better bowl matchup as acknowledgement they got the short end of the stick? It was absolutely the obvious thing to do. Instead they got less prestigious bowl designation. (Yeah they lost, but that doesn’t change the decision-making.)

Agreed, OSU was the better choice for the championship game. But:

1) It still screwed over Indiana by changing the rules of the game at the end of the season.
2) How obvious of a choice was it to try and throw Indiana a bone by granting them a better bowl matchup as acknowledgement they got the short end of the stick? It was absolutely the obvious thing to do. Instead they got less prestigious bowl designation. (Yeah they lost, but that doesn’t change the decision-making.)

So you think IU should have played NW in the championship game? Now that would have been robbery.

C

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back