• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dedrick Mills To Announce His Plans For 2021 In The Next Week

We had Scott come in and look like he's got the physical ability to play, he just needs more looks to know exactly what we have. Sevion was hurt, but had people excited at his signing. Rahmir didn't get a ton of looks, but averaged just under 4 yards a carry and appeared to be able to catch the ball when he got the opportunity. Thompkins was someone who looked...interesting. Something about him just looked different. He's got jump (channeling my inner Mystery, Alaska). Just under 5 yards a carry, and had a nice burst on his only catch, I was really disappointed he couldn't see the field more, and I'm guessing that another year of putting his injuries behind him might help change that.

I liked how hard we saw Mills run at times, but I do wonder if we were seeing those same carries, and take a chunk from Adrian, and given to these younger guys next year, if we wouldn't seem some stronger numbers and create a more stable offense in the process.

I believe I read that in order for a Sr. to return they must be in Grad school next year. If this is true many Sr.'s choices will be decided by if they truly want to return and go to grad school
I had not heard that. Good information to know thx

I believe I read that in order for a Sr. to return they must be in Grad school next year. If this is true many Sr.'s choices will be decided by if they truly want to return and go to grad school

If that's the case . . . I would imagine there will be a bit of a spike in the grad school enrollment for football players.

Decide you want to play another year. University just happens to find you a spot in a grad program. Play ball in the fall.

If I'm HCSF, I'm recruiting Mills harder than I am the remaining recruits, and pointing to the game plan at Rutgers as what he would see next year. Fortunately for us, the RB room is far from void of talent.
Clarify how the RB room is far from being void. I saw nothing this year to show we have any serviceable running backs.

I hope he does come back. He is still our best player at that spot. But will he stay healthy and will they use him as a workhorse? I have my doubts on both.
I have my doubts too. Every game plan this year appeared different. (actually its been like that for 3 years) Simply no identity to this offense. Doubt one game against Rutgers is gonna change that.

Clarify how the RB room is far from being void. I saw nothing this year to show we have any serviceable running backs.
There’s a lot of potential there but it’s unproven and needs to develop. Johnson should add 10lbs and be a good option next season. Thompkins could be one of the best in the conference if he can stay healthy. Scott and Morrison have tons of potential. Remember, these two are true freshmen. They needed this year to develop. I like Yant as a big back option too. And don’t forget that Luke McCaffrey can be deadly as a RB if needed. And Wan’Dale gets his touches too. So we have plenty of options. That said, I want Mills back.

Last edited:
There’s a lot of potential there but it’s unproven and needs to develop. Johnson should add 10lbs and be a good option next season. Thompkins could be one of the best in the conference if he can stay healthy. Scott and Morrison have tons of potential. Remember, these two are two freshmen. They needed this year to develop. I like Yant as a big back option too. And don’t forget that Luke McCaffrey can be deadly as a RB if needed. And Wan’Dale gets his touches too. So we have plenty of options. That said, I want Mills back.

As a RB, LM would need to add 50 pounds or he'd get a lung knocked loose in the first quarter of the first conference game.

As a RB, LM would need to add 50 pounds or he'd get a lung knocked loose in the first quarter of the first conference game.
Wrong....Christian McCaffrey is 5-11, 205. Luke is 6-2, 200. It’s totally doable for LM to move to RB and it’s what he should do for his future. The kid is wicked fast, has great vision, and can break tackles better than any RB we have.

Last edited:

If I'm HCSF, I'm recruiting Mills harder than I am the remaining recruits, and pointing to the game plan at Rutgers as what he would see next year. Fortunately for us, the RB room is far from void of talent.
Pal what running backs were you watching? Remember QBs don't count!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back