• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Patrick Payton Decommits from NU

Least surprising de-commit ever possibly. Given all of our recent problems retaining guys from Florida, this was just a matter of time.

But hey, we are still among his top schools.

I find the timing of his announcement odd. Had the staff cooled on him seeing who did commit shortly thereafter? Is he trying to throw daggers by doing it at game time? Kid has a lot of offers and with gators and hurricane resurgence Florida may dry up.

Last edited:

I find the timing of his announcement odd. Had the staff cooled on him seeing who did commit shortly thereafter? Is he trying to throw daggers by doing it at game time? Kid has a lot of offers and with gators send hurricane resurgence Florida may dry up.
Unless it's a mental fit thing I can't see is cooling.

Way to be positive!
Clown post...

I get the replies......but it's December. The chances of us finding another player of his quality in 2 months is minimal. We might find a 4-star guy and win a shotgun wedding for his services, but the chances of it ending like we've seen from the Florida guys recently is pretty high. There is usually a reason 4-star guys are still looking at new schools they haven't listened to in the past.........in December.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back