• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Patrick Payton Decommits from NU

He hasn’t been rumored to be a decommit? Maybe I’m thinking of another guy. Not questioning anything, just thought it was a general feeling he wasn’t going to stick.
You are correct, it was all but a given that he would decommit, especially after he "blew up" on the field during his HS season. To be 100% honest, I am surprised it took him this long to announce his decommit. The staff already knew he was gone way before he announced it. I just hope they have a few Plan B guys lined up...or take that QB/LB committed to NDSU.

You are correct, it was all but a given that he would decommit, especially after he "blew up" on the field during his HS season. To be 100% honest, I am surprised it took him this long to announce his decommit. The staff already knew he was gone way before he announced it. I just hope they have a few Plan B guys lined up...or take that QB/LB committed to NDSU.
Would that be a possibility? Or would we look for a transfer for more immediate impact?

God you love to see this attitude from Fidone. Gives me hope that having top end talent that also happens to be Husker through and through will help turn this thing around.

I’ve been using the words “I BELIEVE Frost will turn this around” .... now I’ve changed to “I HOPE Frost will turn this around.” My confidence has shaken but I’m hoping hard...

From one train wreck to another...
We are certainly having our issues but it pales in comparison to the Noles. When you consider all that talent at their doorstep coupled with their 30 year history, I am amazed at how far and how fast they have fallen.

Florida State specializes in kids with no discipline on or off the field.
We had 2 players get 15 yard penalties on the same play against Purdue, so let's slow down on the judgement a bit. Plus we've had our own fair share of off the field issues too.

He was the most likely commit to de-commit. This has been known for months. This is ZERO surprise to the staff. Does the staff have a contingency plan? I don't know, but I would think they do. We shall see.

I think they do but we may not know until NSD

I think they do but we may not know until NSD
It may not be a player of the caliber of Payton either. Losing a guy like Greene and not keeping Payton in the class puts some hurt on the athleticism needed at OLB. I really hope we can find someone at least close. We have a need, a need for speed!

We are certainly having our issues but it pales in comparison to the Noles. When you consider all that talent at their doorstep coupled with their 30 year history, I am amazed at how far and how fast they have fallen.
They are a long ways from rock bottom

Would that be a possibility? Or would we look for a transfer for more immediate impact?
I am not sure what the staff will do/is planning on doing. I do know that kid committed to NDSU is a QB/LB so there is that.....

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back