• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

BiG Expected To Reinstate Football Season Starting October 24

No vote was taken today. It would appear things are still hanging in the balance.

Edit: Also no word on whether the meeting included a ritual burning of the bylaws. I'm guessing this means there is still significant resistance by some (hack cough cough.....Michigan).
WTH ????

Last edited:

There may still be some opposition. I am fine if they want to crater their own athletic departments. I don't understand why they think they should get to force others to do the same. There is no harm is letting others play, even if you don't. There are some Texas-sized egos in the B1G, too.

Edit: I also don't think this means football won't happen, just that the deliberative process is slow. They've been burned by a hasty decision once. They are likely loathe to repeat that mistake.

Last edited:

If I was coaching Warren, he'd be running steps and carrying a bucket.
I'd make him run out of the stadium and just keep on running. "Son, you don't have a future here. Best to move on now and find something you are good at. Check with the Sanitation Department."

Well, I'm happy for any action to begin but don't expect we'll play 8 games. Another month we'll be into flu season that could confuse things, along with other schools bowing in and out according to number of players testing positive. If we (they) have to do 14-day quarantines, we might inly see a few games.

But, hey! Lets play some ball and see where it goes! Would be great to see our Huskers take the field. GBR!!!

There may still be some opposition. I am fine if they want to crater their own athletic departments. I don't understand why they think they should get to force others to do the same. There is no harm is letting others play, even if you don't. There are some Texas-sized egos in the B1G, too.

Edit: I also don't think this means football won't happen, just that the deliberative process is slow. They've been burned by a hasty decision once. They are likely loathe to repeat that mistake.

It's a go

It's a go

I hope so but we've been through lots of iterations of this including a vote that wasn't really a vote but might have been a vote. I'm at the point that I'll believe it when there is a press release from the conference. It seems to me there is still room for it to go sideways.

If it happens it happens and if no different than what's already going on.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back