• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who is left for 2021

Just another example of a so called expert putting out enough "stuff" that something has to be correct once.

9cf8d24e-000a-4716-97c3-a2b314bfd294_174528449116546.gif

Another TE or two, 1-2 defensive lineman, a couple more linebackers, maybe another DB.

Last edited:

16 Commits, here's the needs:

2 TE
2 DE
1 NG
1 OLB
1 DB

Numbers are a bit fluid since you don't know what their thoughts are with Bretz. When Payton decommits does that make us look for another one? Kpai and Malcom could they be OLBs and let Ruud do some more work? But Tuioti has some work to do.

Rollins, Carnie, and Barkley are locks. I'm only really worried about NG and LB. Fisher will find someone if he needs to.

2 TE
2 DE
1 NG
1 OLB
1 DB

Numbers are a bit fluid since you don't know what their thoughts are with Bretz. When Payton decommits does that make us look for another one? Kpai and Malcom could they be OLBs and let Ruud do some more work? But Tuioti has some work to do.

Rollins, Carnie, and Barkley are locks. I'm only really worried about NG and LB. Fisher will find someone if he needs to.

Who is Barkley? Or is that Buckley?

At the risk of going Fidone for the next few months with him, I got Ruquan Buckley and Saquan Barkley's names in my head. This will not end well for me. Again.

Ha ha, I promise I wasnt being an ass, I seriously wondered if there was some new prospect I hadn't heard about.

But as long as you get Fidone right, continue to butcher this name as much as you want.

2 TE
2 DE
1 NG
1 OLB
1 DB

DL and OLB are a must. We have to have someone similar to Payton if he bolts. We really need some guys with length to come off the edge and get after the QB. We can’t complete with the big boys if we continue to lack true pass rushers. That’s been my biggest concern for this defense and this recruiting class. Gotta get it done.

DL and OLB are a must. We have to have someone similar to Payton if he bolts. We really need some guys with length to come off the edge and get after the QB. We can’t complete with the big boys if we continue to lack true pass rushers. That’s been my biggest concern for this defense and this recruiting class. Gotta get it done.
I think we are going to sorely miss the Davis twins. It is really hard to get pressure from your front 3, and he was a top 10 DL for sacks in 2019. And to your point, OLB has really struggled for getting impact recruits here. Caleb Tannor was your highest profile recruit, and he's already a junior with not much to be said for him. You have a bunch of guys that are safeties moving there, or SDE in high school that are now playing standup OLB (see Nelson) and that's sometimes tough. Meanwhile schools like Ohio State steal Javonte Jean-Baptiste from us and leave us wondering how we are going to get thru it.

I think we are going to sorely miss the Davis twins. It is really hard to get pressure from your front 3, and he was a top 10 DL for sacks in 2019. And to your point, OLB has really struggled for getting impact recruits here. Caleb Tannor was your highest profile recruit, and he's already a junior with not much to be said for him. You have a bunch of guys that are safeties moving there, or SDE in high school that are now playing standup OLB (see Nelson) and that's sometimes tough. Meanwhile schools like Ohio State steal Javonte Jean-Baptiste from us and leave us wondering how we are going to get thru it.

Well in the short term, we can't worry about Ohio St when it comes to recruiting. That's a level NU may never see. But we have to find a way to keep guys like TJ Bollers from going to our West rivals.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back