• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Strong traction that PennSt OhioSt Michigan and Nebraska will all join the Big12 for the upcoming season.

Which is more likely? These 4 plus a few join big 12 or NEbraska ends up playing some regional lower level teams and a couple B1G teams?

Hard to call anything impossible at this point, but is the Big 12 that much more committed to playing? Are their ADs all in on a season vs. several Big Ten ADs not wanting to play?

Last thought: the Big Ten probably doesn't want a conference divided. Meaning, the conference doesn't want to say "we are playing" and then 5 teams come out and say "No, not us." I wonder - if this occurs - if that meant several Big Ten teams said they won't play and therefore the conference felt like they had to close for everyone? Just speculating.

Which is more likely? These 4 plus a few join big 12 or NEbraska ends up playing some regional lower level teams and a couple B1G teams?

Hard to call anything impossible at this point, but is the Big 12 that much more committed to playing? Are their ADs all in on a season vs. several Big Ten ADs not wanting to play?

Last thought: the Big Ten probably doesn't want a conference divided. Meaning, the conference doesn't want to say "we are playing" and then 5 teams come out and say "No, not us." I wonder - if this occurs - if that meant several Big Ten teams said they won't play and therefore the conference felt like they had to close for everyone? Just speculating.

I would say this I probably it. Four or 5 teams are not wanting to play. I am going to say Rutgers and Maryland are 2 of them.

If this really does happen, then there will be so many fun things for the networks to talk about. It will actually be interesting to watch them speculate. I'd rather just play the 10 game conference schedule, but this would be a really nice distraction from the doom and gloom of those who don't play and anything else.

Trying to imagine the hype for Oklahoma vs. Ohio State and Texas vs. Michigan around the country. Could be fun.

Wow.....obviously only for this year

Would be a hoot if this turned out to be true....

Passed on to me by @djlhuskerfan

Hey Mike...what are your thoughts on Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan and Nebraska joining the Big 12 for the 2020 football season? :thumbsup:

a322c03a94505b92e5e284e03ff0e3be.gif

Last edited:
I cannot believe the Big Ten would allow this. It's one thing for Notre Dame who had no football affiliation with any other conference when they teamed up with the ACC, who they already had some affiliation with in other sports..

Also -- why would the Big 12 want to share their TV revenue with four extra teams -- meaning less of a piece of the pie for each of their own schools??! They aren't going to get a share of Big Ten revenue -- the Big Ten wouldn't allow it.

I see absolutely no benefit for the Big 12 inviting four extra teams to join them this season. Let alone the fact that it would have to mean the Big Ten is not playing and the Big 12 is. The horse is way ahead of the cart on this rumor. Way ahead.

Last edited:
I cannot believe the Big Ten would allow this. It's one thing for Notre Dame who had no football affiliation with the ACC (but other sports they were already tied with the conference).

Also -- why would the Big 12 want to share their TV revenue with four extra teams -- meaning less of a piece of the pie for each of their own schools??! They aren't going to get a share of Big Ten revenue -- the Big Ten wouldn't allow it.

I honestly don't believe it either but it's a good none the less

No offense to you RR...... this dude only has 245 followers so I’m not going to get too excited about this one..But it sure would be fun...

I did not find it I posted it for another poster

Like I said above I really do not believe it. The logistics etc would he impossible to do in such a short time

Last edited:
Red reign didn't find it. I did but I didn't want to mess it up trying to post it! Blame it on me lol!!!
No worries either way my friend.
Not gonna lie it would be kind of exciting in a weird way, but there’s absolutely no way in hell that occurs. Not sure what that clown is trying to do, and I would love to know who his source is..... the one he says is “close to the situation.” :Rolf:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back