• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Attendance

This isn’t a choice man, look around. You won’t have to worry about a damn choice when you are 6ft under for demanding a choice. That’s just ignorant and pure stupid. That’s why we have the problems now, because people keep fighting it. Common sense is out the damn window. Wow.

I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees.

I will continue to be a voice. I will be attending a meeting scheduled for this Monday to discuss the issue with Health officials, NU representatives and legislators.
Good for you!! Keepin' us all safe!!
KeyEagerAtlanticspadefish-size_restricted.gif

My goal is to reasonably protect myself and my family in a manner that doesn't end up with us losing our house and ou savings while not taking every ounce of joy out of our lives and in the meantime not trying to tell everyone else what they should be doing.
Then, you won’t be attending functions with large numbers of persons?

Per Worldometers: NE has 7,300 active cases of Corona that have been identified. At a population of 1.9M that gives us an active infection rate of .38% with a death rate of worst case scenario of .8% and also saying the median death rate being age 80. Also since July 1st, the state of NE has had around 60 deaths so about 1.5 deaths a day statewide... Please tell me why we can't attend a game or send our kids to school? Protect the elderly and compromised and move on, especially in NE.

I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees.

Dr. Can you provide any insight or point to any peer reviewed studies, research or literature concerning possible/potential long term physical consequences of contracting C19? my belief is neither CDC nor WHO has much of a handle on this & I know none of my doctor buddies on the front lines seem to either. If you can provide some or point me in the right direction, I’d appreciate it. This is where my apprehension is. I know several who’ve passed & many more who were asymptomatic like many of us I’m sure & have flown cross country 3 times this month & have (possibility too cavalierly) had my kids in sports throughout the whole pandemic......but the unknown with this seems a hellofalot scarier than the flue.
Thanks,

Per Worldometers: NE has 7,300 active cases of Corona that have been identified. At a population of 1.9M that gives us an active infection rate of .38% with a death rate of worst case scenario of .8% and also saying the median death rate being age 80. Also since July 1st, the state of NE has had around 60 deaths so about 1.5 deaths a day statewide... Please tell me why we can't attend a game or send our kids to school? Protect the elderly and compromised and move on, especially in NE.
Because a lot of people think that if they can’t do something nobody should be allowed to do it.

Dr. Can you provide any insight or point to any peer reviewed studies, research or literature concerning possible/potential long term physical consequences of contracting C19? my belief is neither CDC nor WHO has much of a handle on this & I know none of my doctor buddies on the front lines seem to either. If you can provide some or point me in the right direction, I’d appreciate it. This is where my apprehension is. I know several who’ve passed & many more who were asymptomatic like many of us I’m sure & have flown cross country 3 times this month & have (possibility too cavalierly) had my kids in sports throughout the whole pandemic......but the unknown with this seems a hellofalot scarier than the flue.
Thanks,

The problem is, we don't know what we don't know.

I've heard that there is some heart issues long term in pts who have contracted COVID.

@Native is our best resource on the board.

Based on deaths so far, I'd say COVID is 7x worse than Influenza (Ne deaths due to COVID ~300; Deaths due to influenza last season: 42. )

Last edited:

I don’t lock myself up, but I certainly don’t go into compromising situations either. Enabling fans to get together to watch football right now is dumb, and I love football as much as anyone. Look at mess going on. You think it’s getting better? Hell no. It’s bad because people fight it. We should be so much farther along, but instead, we seemingly want to keep the shifter in reverse.
I totally disagree. To be farther along we needed to NOT flatten the curve and let it run the course.

Got my email from Nebraska on what my intentions are for this year, will be awhile before they know capacity and how they will figure out who gets in. So patience grasshopper.

the goal should be for all of us to pull in the same direction so as to get this virus under control.
The first problem with this line of thinking is believing you can control a virus. Accepting that a mayor, governor, or the president can do it is rediculous but people still argue that if we followed all the government decisions we would be fine. We have some seriously rediculous people trying to trust government that only wants to control you and your thinking

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back