• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Attendance

Per Worldometers: NE has 7,300 active cases of Corona that have been identified. At a population of 1.9M that gives us an active infection rate of .38% with a death rate of worst case scenario of .8% and also saying the median death rate being age 80. Also since July 1st, the state of NE has had around 60 deaths so about 1.5 deaths a day statewide... Please tell me why we can't attend a game or send our kids to school? Protect the elderly and compromised and move on, especially in NE.
Lets put this in perspective in regards to accepting risk. 2.8% of all Americans in the workplace sustain an injury that requires significant medical care each year. And yet we don't close business's down because of it. Yes we put all kinds of safety precautions in place JUST to keep it at 2.8%. For some reason we have people who believe we should shut down the world to achieve zero risk on the most uncontrollable risk we face.

Just a comment on mask wearing. It is designed to stop the one who is wearing the mask from accidentally transmitting the virus. It is not primarily designed to prevent the virus from entering your body, though it does give some protection from that. The idea of having a right to not wear a mask seems to be based on the belief that the wearer himself is protected by wearing the mask. That's not the point of wearing a mask.

So if there is a large gathering such as at the stadium for a game, you should wear a mask to protect the other person, not to protect yourself. So it isn't a question of being brave or indifferent to catching the virus, it's to stop transmitting it to others in the crowd either when they are milling around rest rooms and concession stands, sitting in their seats, or entering or leaving the game.

So my guess is that the university will say something about wearing masks at the game if they let fans attend. I hope people follow those guidelines or we could have another hot spot.

This is more interesting than most of the Royals games I have been watching this season. :thumbsup:

tenor.gif
EVERYTHING is more interesting than watching the Royals games. ;)

Not to the point of shutting down a society. No reason at all that we cannot have at least 10K in the stands (in a 90k stadium) spread out. Anything less is pure paranoia.
I would think maybe 50,000 out of 90,000.I have heard/read/been told that masks make things reasonably safe outdoors. Again,just my opinion on it.Keep the faith.GBR.

So, I'm assuming those advocating that we all give up our normal lives to "keep everybody safe", and not be selfish and irresponsible and endanger others, I guess you have already parked your vehicles. And will no longer be selfishly driving around endangering the lives of others, until such time as the auto industry produces a system that guarantees you will not cause or be involved in a fatal automobile accident. I mean, it will be a major inconvenience, but if it saves even one life......

Just a comment on mask wearing. It is designed to stop the one who is wearing the mask from accidentally transmitting the virus. It is not primarily designed to prevent the virus from entering your body, though it does give some protection from that. The idea of having a right to not wear a mask seems to be based on the belief that the wearer himself is protected by wearing the mask. That's not the point of wearing a mask.

So if there is a large gathering such as at the stadium for a game, you should wear a mask to protect the other person, not to protect yourself. So it isn't a question of being brave or indifferent to catching the virus, it's to stop transmitting it to others in the crowd either when they are milling around rest rooms and concession stands, sitting in their seats, or entering or leaving the game.

So my guess is that the university will say something about wearing masks at the game if they let fans attend. I hope people follow those guidelines or we could have another hot spot.
Correct.

So, I'm assuming those advocating that we all give up our normal lives to "keep everybody safe", and not be selfish and irresponsible and endanger others, I guess you have already parked your vehicles. And will no longer be selfishly driving around endangering the lives of others, until such time as the auto industry produces a system that guarantees you will not cause or be involved in a fatal automobile accident. I mean, it will be a major inconvenience, but if it saves even one life......
A really stupid post. We do have laws about operating vehicles, age, seat belts, car seats, license, safety equipment, driving drunk, speed limits, just to name a few.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back