• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rondale Moore opting out

Incredible.

I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but another from the Big Ten yesterday, opting out ... Michigan State starting DE, Jacub Panasiuk -- would have been a 3-year starter and one of only three returning starters on defense for the upcoming season.

The Big Ten is losing top players at a rate faster than all of the other Power Five conferences combined. Maybe it'd be best if there wasn't/isn't a postseason as the Big Ten is dwindling by the day.

Last edited:

Kind of a bummer when he’s the face of the program.
9BDC27C6-9DBD-4448-965A-06B844593240.jpeg

Incredible.

I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but another from the Big Ten yesterday, opting out ... Michigan State starting DE, Jacub Panasiuk -- would have been a 3-year starter and one of only three returning starters on defense for the upcoming season.

The Big Ten is losing top players at a rate faster than all of the other Power Five conferences combined. Maybe it'd be best if there wasn't/isn't a postseason as the Big Ten is dwindling by the day.

not just the big ten

not just the big ten

No, definitely not. But I just said, more from the Big Ten than the other conferences combined (thus far) -- though it's actually a tie as the SEC (Vandy) had a kicker depart that I missed counting.

Current tally: Big Ten 5, ACC 2, Pac-12 2, SEC 1.

Illinois also had a senior RB drop out.

Last edited:
A lot of these guys are taking calculated risks. They have the production to warrant the attention of the NFL, and Covid basically gives everyone a hall pass for 2020. Whatever football IS played won't be judged by NFL scouts with the same scrutiny as a normal season.

Thus, if you opt out, you have a chance to sit and heal for a year, and still likely get drafted or whatever post-covid draft equivalent exists.

This is basically the same strategy as the Patriots technically winning the division by mid-December and then just resting Brady, etc., for like a month before the playoffs fire up.

I think Frost has been recruiting kids that absolutely love the game and I think that has a huge impact on what's happening. The positive things they've been posting on social media and the lack of players opting out shouldn't be ignored.

I have my suspicions that his knee may not be completely back to 100%. I have heard rumors that it has been a slow go recovery.

This article from the spring suggests he was healthy, stronger, and faster than ever. He was working out with a very demanding elite training program after spring ball was scrapped early.

But his 2019 season was aborted after just four games with 29 catches for 387 yards and two scores, when Moore injured his left hamstring vs. Minnesota. How does Moore look now?

"He looks even better," said Vaughn, who has been working with Moore since he was in middle school. "He has gotten even more explosive and gotten stronger. And he has become a better route-runner. You just don’t see kids like him. He’s an overachiever who's already better than everybody athletically." "That guy isn’t even human," said Vaughn. "You know what I mean? The things he is doing … it's literally unreal. It’s super genetics, with a lot of hard work and a lot of determination and unwavering focus and determination to get to a goal.

The mornings are devoted to weight training. The afternoons are dedicated to field work, with Moore catching 1,000 balls each workout.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back