• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Attendance

I don't know what the answer is, but the argument seems to be shaping up as:

Empty / sparsely populated stadium = For the safety of all
Butts in seats = My risk, my choice

No one enjoys their lives being upset and their livelihoods threatened
Nor are any happy being told what they can and cannot do, especially me

However, if the issue truly is one of personal liberty and those advocating from the "shut down" position ARE infringing upon the rights of those choosing to take risk upon themselves - aren't those "My risk / my choice" folks equally guilty of the very same thing when they go back to their day to day lives come Sunday, running the risk of infecting those that they come into contact with?

Unless one is willing to self quarantine for 14 days following attendance at a Husker game, isn't this person who has potentially been infected at Memorial Stadium and then popping into the grocery store taking choice away from those who do not feel that a football game is worth it?
Infected... where do you think you picked up?

Husker game! How many were there

90,000 of my closest friends

And I realize that comes off as harsh and uncompassionate, but let's look at the latest numbers:

From the Nebraska DHHS

Nebraska Case Information
Total number of cases –27,489

Tested: Not detected 262,692

Deaths – 335

So 10% of TESTED patients are positive. Of those, 1.21% are fatal, and almost all of those are frail individuals. Children and young adults do not appear to be at risk. Age, obesity, diabetes, and heart disease appear to be the biggest risk factors.
Yep and you want less than a 5% infection rate

I prefer to live until I die. Let me make my own choices and take my own risks. It's 1400 miles round trip for me to drive to Lincoln to see a game. Highways, biways, semis, people driving stupidly, thunderstorms, traffic, flat tires, engine trouble. Life is a risky proposition. I don't need someone else dictating to me my life.

If you don't feel safe, stay home. I do it all the time.
Your decision to live or die is not the issue. The issue is your decision putting the rest of us at risk.

Finally, someone stepping up to tell us all how we should be living our lives, it’s about time.

:Facepalm:
Someone has to bang some common sense into the heads of the those who have no regard for the safety or others. Why do you think we have laws about drunk driving? Your comment shows that you are part of the problem, not the solution.

Not sure why this is so hard. If you think its dangerous then don't go. If you are afraid of the spread then hole up in your house. If you are vulnerable then protect yourself. This whole thing was started to flatten the curve, not wait till we have a cure. We can't shut everything down till there are no cases. Many, including myself, have already taken a huge financial hit and have also had a lot of things that bring us joy removed from our lives. If you are afraid of Covid stay home but stop expecting everyone else to watch their lives go down the tubes while they hide in their houses.
So you want the curve to go back up? Many have suffered losses, not only financial but deaths in the family. Unless we all pull together, we will continue to see the losses.

Last edited:

Penn St just announced zero attendance for fall sports. Seems at least one school understands the risk isn't worth it.

Penn St just announced zero attendance for fall sports. Seems at least one school understands the risk isn't worth it.

Agree. UConn has cancelled their Football season. I listened to their coach this morning on the radio. He outlined the decision, well. It, the decision, was made mainly by the players.

So you want the curve to go back up? Many have suffered losses, not only financial but deaths in the family. Unless we all pull together, we will continue to see the losses.
If we do it your way many people will lose everything they worked their entire lives for. I am guessing you are not a person in their prime earning years that is watching years added on to their retirement, or maybe facing bankruptcy. I also doubt you are at the age when you are watching your quality of education suffer or losing years of athletic eligibility that you will never get back unless you are willing to go to college for 6 years and they make exceptions. Maybe it is being selfish continuing you live the way you normally have because you are not willing to sacrifice everything financially or give up everything that keeps you happy to protect the vulnerable. It is every bit as selfish, if not more, to be one of the vulnerable and expect people that this won't effect to just watch their lives go down the crapper to protect you when all you have to do is stay home and protect yourself. I understand your concern on this and if you are one of the vulnerable then I truly hope you make it through this in good health, all you have to do to make that happen is not leave the house and you will be safe and it doesn't matter what everyone else does.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back