• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

B1G Schedule Is Out; Huskers Open 5 Sept vs Rutgers

This schedule probably won’t play out as planned. Opponents may change week to week. I don’t care who we play. I just hope we can get at least 8 games in this season. 9 or 10 would be outstanding, but I’m not optimistic. And I really hope we can get our 5 home games, preferably with a crowd of at least 25k.

Not being able to play an easier first game of the season in 2018 really hurt us, and if the Rutgers game this year ends up being cancelled, I fear it will put us at a similar disadvantage.

KnlCWH1.png

Iowa gets - PSU, MSU, Maryland and tOSU ... avoids Michigan, Rutgers and Indiana
Wisconsin gets - Maryland, Michigan, Rutgers and Indiana ... avoids tOSU, PSU and MSU
Minnesota gets - Maryland, Michigan, MSU and Indiana ... avoids tOSU, Rutgers and PSU
Nebraska gets - tOSU, Rutgers, MSU and PSU ... avoids Michigan, Maryland and Indiana

Once again the schedule makers give favor to Wisconsin ... avoiding two of the top 3 along with Michigan State. Minnesota misses tOSU and PSU while Iowa and NU have similar schedules.
Agreed, B1G has been disappointed since 2011 with NU...we haven't lived up to the expectations that the conference hoped for in adding NU...I honestly don't blame them...Wisc has represented the B1G well...and will continue to do so with these favorable schedules...

Nebraska needs to find out the secret to getting a consistently easy annual schedule like Wisconsin seems to get. Their only cross-over game of difficulty? Michigan. We get OSU and PSU, the top 2 East Division teams. And it isn't only this year but every year that Wisky seems to get a huge favor handed to them by the schedule makers.

Nebraska needs to find out the secret to getting a consistently easy annual schedule like Wisconsin seems to get. Their only cross-over game of difficulty? Michigan. We get OSU and PSU, the top 2 East Division teams. And it isn't only this year but every year that Wisky seems to get a huge favor handed to them by the schedule makers.
I suspect the Conference wants to have Wisconsin in position to play for a a playoff spot. Ideally, the B1G championship game is a play in for the playoffs. Until NU shows that they can be a contender, we’ll get no favors from the schedule makers.

Personally, I don’t care. Bring on the big boys and let’s see how we stack up.

Nebraska has the easiest first two games of any Big Ten school. Not going to get a better opportunity to start 2-0 and build some confidence and momentum.

Completely agree very happy to be getting those 2 games up front. Start out 2-0 and see what happens. I also like playing Wisconsin, and Iowa early. Iowa always seems to get better as the season rolls along.

With the voodoo curse that’s been on this program that’s probably exactly how this will play out. Oh and thanks for adding MSU to an already daunting schedule B1G.
Im pretty sure Bob Devaney sold his soul for 4 continuous decades of success that the program had....and we are seeing what being a mediocre program is like after the 40yr contract terms expired.....lol

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back