• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

20,000 fan limit

It would take a LOT of prep work, but social distancing could be done at Memorial.
Limit to 20k-40k people.
Draw seats that can be filled via a lottery after dividing into “groups” so nearby seats can’t accidentally be picked.
Tape off all other seats so that people can’t move to closer seats.
Set arrival times for the lucky seats drawn to prevent clogging at entrances.
Tape off 6’ spots to stand in line for concessions and bathrooms. Lines won’t be as long because of the reduced capacity.
And, of course, masks required for entry.

Great? No. What we’re accustomed to? Absolutely not. But, possible. And if it’s between a setup like this or no football at all, I would definitely prefer this!

Last edited:

Are we less than the Ditch Chickens?

They are planning a full stadium!

GBR
The article says depending on what the CDC and state health authorities say. In other words they're planning for all different contingencies just like everybody else.

Last edited:
It would take a LOT of prep work, but social distancing could be done at Memorial.
Limit to 20k-40k people.
Draw seats that can be filled via a lottery after dividing into “groups” so nearby seats can’t accidentally be picked.
Tape off all other seats so that people can’t move to closer seats.
Set arrival times for the lucky seats drawn to prevent clogging at entrances.
Tape off 6’ spots to stand in line for concessions and bathrooms. Lines won’t be as long because of the reduced capacity.
And, of course, masks required for entry.

Great? No. What we’re accustomed to? Absolutely not. But, possible. And if it’s between a setup like this or no football at all, I would definitely prefer this!
Oh hell no!

My opinion is that by that time most of us will have been exposed at some point. Go full boar and let the rest of them get exposed at their own risk.

Not getting political here, but the tens of 1000's of people "protesting" these days will be a good indicator of where we're at with the virus. If cases don't spike up in those areas then just maybe being stadium where folks are likely a little more conscientious about masks, gloves, hand washing/sanitizer, etc... would be doable after all.

Bleed was pointing out it could be done and how, but the IF is a political question. That question is above Moos's pay grade. Nebraska won't go rogue on this, imo. I think they'll do something similar to what peer schools all do, within some kind of range. But what that actually is depends on what happens with the virus over coming weeks. Still TBD.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back