• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

JD Speilman Is Transfering

Status
Not open for further replies.
And again, I was mostly responding to an overrated comment. But Nebraska's leading WR is Kenny Bell who would be #1 at Florida. Let's not act like we haven't had some good WRs come thru here that have put up some pretty good stats. So I don't buy that if JD Spielman was Nebraska's #1 WR in the record books it's not impressive. Same trajectory gets him #1 at Ohio State, Florida, and other schools. That's damn impressive. 90s Nebraska has people misinformed or skewed with their thoughts. Kenny Bell is top 3 at a lot of schools if not #1, and JD would overtake him by game 2.
I didn’t say it wasn’t impressive either. Just that the record books here aren’t that thick at that position. Correct me if I’m wrong, but have there been any other WR than Enunwa that have stuck in the NFL? I’m not looking it up, but Kenny bell would be the career leader at Florida, even with their fun n gun of the 90’s? Hmmmm, if have never thought that.

Last edited:

So what? Frost is here to win games. We fired the nice guy remember?
I think you’re a really good poster. Usually I enjoy reading your thoughts, but man we just have to let him go. If he wants to leave so be it. What would make us all feel better is for Nebraska to beat Minnesota. I hate Fleck, I hate the Fleck love on this board. So let’s root for an epic beat down of those nasty rodents.

I didn’t say it wasn’t impressive either. Just that the record books here aren’t that thick at that position. Correct me if I’m wrong, but have there been any other WR than Enunwa that have stuck in the NFL? I’m not looking it up, but Kenny bell would be the career leader at Florida, even with their fun n gun of the 90’s? Hmmmm, if have never thought that.
Does 16 years qualify? Bell does not even come close.

Irving Fryer played like 15 season's in the NFL. Don Westbrook a receiver from the early 70's played like 7-8 years in the NFL. Tim Smith played 2-3 years. Niles Paul is still playing though they bulked him up and he is a smallish TE. With that said you are correct not a lot of WR out of Nebraska played in NFL. Nebraska's list is a little shorter than USC's list.

I think you’re a really good poster. Usually I enjoy reading your thoughts, but man we just have to let him go. If he wants to leave so be it. What would make us all feel better is for Nebraska to beat Minnesota. I hate Fleck, I hate the Fleck love on this board. So let’s root for an epic beat down of those nasty rodents.
I do not have an issue letting him go. Letting him go to a conference rival is where I have the issue.

I still wonder what the current players think of the situation.
I think 99% of the guys on the team are ready to just play football and not worry about the drama. Not saying Spielman or Frost is creating drama, but having to answer questions about it or even read about it when there’s literally no sports on is exhausting.

Team and staff is ready to roll with who wants to be in Lincoln IMO. They’re anxious to have a 2020 and show the doubters they’re ready.

Ya, I’m not saying their NFL talent is great. Frazier and Crouch didn’t stick in the NFL but I’d take them for sure again. I just think we’ve had some really productive guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back