• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

JD Speilman Is Transfering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spielman>Vedral also Vedral is not leaving with hard feelings. He just got passed by.
I guess if we are putting in our rebuttal to the NCAA "we are rejecting this because we don't want him going to a conference rival and leaving with hard feelings" I believe NCAA will stamp it "cleared" in about 12 seconds.

I get we are mad, best just to let him go. Tough to tell a guy that "left with mental issues" we are blocking him playing in the city his family lives because he's a good player leaving with hard feelings. I don't want him at Minnesota, i'm just looking at this from a Covid release. We don't have a strong leg to stand on if what i'm hearing is right. They are going to clear these pretty easily.

Last edited:

I guess if we are putting in our rebuttal to the NCAA "we are rejecting this because we don't want him going to a conference rival and leaving with hard feelings" I believe NCAA will stamp it "cleared" in about 12 seconds.

I get we are mad, best just to let him go. Tough to tell a guy that "left with mental issues" we are blocking him playing in the city his family lives because he's a good player leaving with hard feelings. I don't want him at Minnesota, i'm just looking at this from a Covid release. We don't have a strong leg to stand on if what i'm hearing is right. They are going to clear these pretty easily.
Pretty much can not come up with a better reason than we do not want him going to a rival. Teams do it all the time. They clear the person to any team not in conference. If that would not be sufficient then what in your mind would the NCAA not accept? For the record there are about 50 Div II and III schools in the state of Minnesota. If being close to home was all that mattered.

He would look just as silly to the NCAA if he said I have mental problems and want to be close to home. So the NCAA counters and points to all the DII/III schools then he says. "But I only want to play D1 so I can get drafted." The NCAA would say, "So is this about your mental health or your draft status?"

II/III

Pretty much can not come up with a better reason than we do not want him going to a rival. Teams do it all the time. They clear the person to any team not in conference. If that would not be sufficient then what in your mind would the NCAA not accept? For the record there are about 50 Div II and III schools in the state of Minnesota. If being close to home was all that mattered.

He would look just as silly to the NCAA if he said I have mental problems and want to be close to home. So the NCAA counters and points to all the DII/III schools then he says. "But I only want to play D1 so I can get drafted." The NCAA would say, "So is this about your mental health or your draft status?"

II/III

Under normal circumstances, the blocking a player to a rival is acceptable, even though it's completely crappy. Under these circumstances? Not a chance NU would even try it, imho. It would make Frost look petty and cruel.

Under normal circumstances, the blocking a player to a rival is acceptable, even though it's completely crappy. Under these circumstances? Not a chance NU would even try it, imho. It would make Frost look petty and cruel.

So what? Frost is here to win games. We fired the nice guy remember?

We tell recruits that we are family and we care about your well-being and growth. We are not going to block the transfer. It’s a bummer to lose that talent. But I’m okay losing the attitude. I still wonder what the current players think of the situation.
So in your family if a kid says I am going to run away from home you just let them?

What are you talking about?
You made the analogy of a family. JD is running away from the "Family" Therefore using your analogy I am explaining why you just do not let someone do whatever they want. Not that hard to understand. BTW if a family member wanted to run away to a cult because of friction. As a parent you might say. I won't let you do that but I will let you go stay with your aunt for a while.

II/III
I'm just telling you JD left "for health reasons to be closer to family". If he sends a waiver citing that and wanting to be closer to family with the added Covid virus on our side, we are losing trying to block it.

Let's not be petty, let him go there for a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back