• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

JD Speilman Is Transfering

Status
Not open for further replies.
So JD is in Omaha working out with 2 other WRs who have transferred from NU with a coach who is no longer employed with NU (or anyone, but that is not the point)? He has played his last game for NU, end of story.

Also, maybe there is another suspect for the villain in the JP post that called out someone who used to be involved with the program? Maybe it wasn't an ex-player?
Williams? Nothings impossible but I just don't see it.

I think that is most telling right there. If he has traveled to Nebraska multiple times, but isn't even talking with the staff, then I really don't see him coming back.
I don’t mean to be the ‘get off my lawn’ guy, but if that’s the reality, I don’t want him around the program. That kind of screams out a lack of respect, and he’s not worth that.

He’s making MORE than enough money currently as a private instructor. Players travel to him most of the time, and he doesn’t have to spend countless hours on the road recruiting.

Is it as prestigious? Probably not....but he’s not hurting financially, trust me.
What was his coaching salary? Doubt his current gig matches it.

He's been to Nebraska quite a few times. Not talking with our staff though. Which is why i'll be shocked if he's here for the fall. Working towards taking a ton of hours to graduate and/or Covid waiver that we are using to get other players eligible.
At what point does our staff cut him loose? Are they trying to get him to come back or are they just giving him space to decide? I guess they are being nice and letting him finish the semester on scholarship at least, but at this point I wish they would have given the spring scholarship to a walk-on.

At what point does our staff cut him loose? Are they trying to get him to come back or are they just giving him space to decide? I guess they are being nice and letting him finish the semester on scholarship at least, but at this point I wish they would have given the spring scholarship to a walk-on.
I am under the impression both sides have moved on. But we have to give him his scholarship until he graduates or transfers if he is still taking classes, we can't pull it.

Just for reference:
Nebraska spring ended May 8
Nebraska summer sessions/graduation end August 14th.

Minnesota fall semester starts Sept 8
Oregon state fall semester starts Sept 23.
I list osu since he is hanging out with KW and Tyjon Lindsey.

Just for reference:
Nebraska spring ended May 8
Nebraska summer sessions/graduation end August 14th.

Minnesota fall semester starts Sept 8
Oregon state fall semester starts Sept 23.
I list osu since he is hanging out with KW and Tyjon Lindsey.
People are under the impression that he either has to play at Nebraska or nowhere next year, but his camp thinks that if he wants to play he has other options. If he doesn't report back for this summer we can yank his scholarship though (even though he would have no problem paying on his own for additional classes).

People are under the impression that he either has to play at Nebraska or nowhere next year, but his camp thinks that if he wants to play he has other options. If he doesn't report back for this summer we can yank his scholarship though (even though he would have no problem paying on his own for additional classes).

I was under the impression that it was going to be pretty difficult for him to get his degree in time. Is it now looking like a possibility that he can complete it this summer? If he can complete that, it opens everything up for him. Otherwise I would think he would have to come back to NU (unless there is some sort of COVID waiver) as I doubt he would be willing to sit out a year.

I was under the impression that it was going to be pretty difficult for him to get his degree in time. Is it now looking like a possibility that he can complete it this summer? If he can complete that, it opens everything up for him. Otherwise I would think he would have to come back to NU (unless there is some sort of COVID waiver) as I doubt he would be willing to sit out a year.
He doesn't have a year available to sit out, which is why people think he has to be at Nebraska or nowhere next year unless he grad transfers. However, Covid has helped him out that all classes went online so he could take a massive workload. And Covid is going to allow him to ask for a waiver due to the virus. The University is already going to be using Covid to help us gain eligibility immediately with a number of players.

He doesn't have a year available to sit out, which is why people think he has to be at Nebraska or nowhere next year unless he grad transfers. However, Covid has helped him out that all classes went online so he could take a massive workload. And Covid is going to allow him to ask for a waiver due to the virus. The University is already going to be using Covid to help us gain eligibility immediately with a number of players.

Would DONU oppose a Covid waiver to Minnesota but not one to Oregon State?

GBR

Would DONU oppose a Covid waiver to Minnesota but not one to Oregon State?

GBR
I'm not sure how a Covid waiver works, it's certainly not like a regular transfer waiver where we can dictate things. If he put in there "want to play at Minnesota as it's the closest FBS program to my family which is important to me with Covid and my health issues", how would we look if NCAA granted it but we denied it?

I'm not sure how a Covid waiver works, it's certainly not like a regular transfer waiver where we can dictate things. If he put in there "want to play at Minnesota as it's the closest FBS program to my family which is important to me with Covid and my health issues", how would we look if NCAA granted it but we denied it?
Smart. Why would you let a good player with hurt feelings from your program transfer to a conference rival?

So JD is in Omaha working out with 2 other WRs who have transferred from NU with a coach who is no longer employed with NU (or anyone, but that is not the point)? He has played his last game for NU, end of story.

Also, maybe there is another suspect for the villain in the JP post that called out someone who used to be involved with the program? Maybe it wasn't an ex-player?
It wasn't Williams. JP was referencing a guy that works for Steve Warren at the Warren Academy.

Smart. Why would you let a good player with hurt feelings from your program transfer to a conference rival?
See below:
"want to play at Minnesota as it's the closest FBS program to my family which is important to me with Covid and my health issues"

Our blocking of that wouldn't hold up. Us being upset about it wouldn't do anything. Why did we let Vedral transfer to a school we are playing just as many times as we are playing Minnesota in 2020?

Last edited:

See below:

Our blocking of that wouldn't hold up. Us being upset about it wouldn't do anything. Why did we let Vedral transfer to a school we are playing just as many times as we are playing Minnesota in 2020?
Spielman>Vedral also Vedral is not leaving with hard feelings. He just got passed by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back