• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

JD Speilman Is Transfering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Actually, quite a few think J.D. will be drafted in the top 5 rounds -- including a few in this thread (N2FL and myself are a couple of examples). I'd be quite surprised if he isn't drafted. And no, I wasn't one proclaiming Lamar Jackson would be drafted this past April (as many seemed to think). Nor Jordan Westerkamp (to use a WR comparison). I did, however, think Morgan would be late-round pick -- and while he wasn't -- he did get promoted to the Bengals regular season roster, suggesting he probably was quite draftable (most undrafted free agents never make it as far as Stanley has).

Well I'm sure I've missed A LOT of posts about Speilman. :). I don't hang out a whole lot here. But my point still stands. LOTS of really good WRs didn't even get drafted. Westerkamp is probably on many top 5 WR ever at NU.

Question, I admittedly don’t follow our transfers, like Tyjon. Is he producing at a five star level at our West Coast Husker Program?

Comment, I really like Williams as a coach, I find it interesting that he is sticking around the area and training athletes. He must be a pretty dang good teacher of wide receivers. Aside from the legal problem he encountered, is there any other reason why he is not coaching at another school? Considering the number of coaches that get multiple chances after running into “problems” I would think he would get another chance. Not minimizing his indiscretion, but it seems that the penalty of not getting another coaching job seems pretty steep. Anyone know if he simply doesn’t want to return to coaching or is he considered too much of a risk.

Question, I admittedly don’t follow our transfers, like Tyjon. Is he producing at a five star level at our West Coast Husker Program?

Comment, I really like Williams as a coach, I find it interesting that he is sticking around the area and training athletes. He must be a pretty dang good teacher of wide receivers. Aside from the legal problem he encountered, is there any other reason why he is not coaching at another school? Considering the number of coaches that get multiple chances after running into “problems” I would think he would get another chance. Not minimizing his indiscretion, but it seems that the penalty of not getting another coaching job seems pretty steep. Anyone know if he simply doesn’t want to return to coaching or is he considered too much of a risk.
He’s making MORE than enough money currently as a private instructor. Players travel to him most of the time, and he doesn’t have to spend countless hours on the road recruiting.

Is it as prestigious? Probably not....but he’s not hurting financially, trust me.

He’s making MORE than enough money currently as a private instructor. Players travel to him most of the time, and he doesn’t have to spend countless hours on the road recruiting.

Is it as prestigious? Probably not....but he’s not hurting financially, trust me.

I'm not sure being a WR coach at any level is all that prestigious anyway. Unless he has aspirations to be a HC or OC, he might be living the dream doing what he is doing now. No drama.

JD sighting in Lincoln, or did K Dubs drive up to Minny? @ShortSideOption

He's been to Nebraska quite a few times. Not talking with our staff though. Which is why i'll be shocked if he's here for the fall. Working towards taking a ton of hours to graduate and/or Covid waiver that we are using to get other players eligible.

Last edited:
He's been to Nebraska quite a few times. Not talking with our staff though. Which is why i'll be shocked if he's here for the fall. Working towards taking a ton of hours to graduate and/or Covid waiver that we are using to get other players eligible.

I think that is most telling right there. If he has traveled to Nebraska multiple times, but isn't even talking with the staff, then I really don't see him coming back.

So JD is in Omaha working out with 2 other WRs who have transferred from NU with a coach who is no longer employed with NU (or anyone, but that is not the point)? He has played his last game for NU, end of story.

Also, maybe there is another suspect for the villain in the JP post that called out someone who used to be involved with the program? Maybe it wasn't an ex-player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back