• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coronavirus Status Updates

please take your own advice and post real facts, not some made up politicol bs. you should be banned from this site. remdesivir is an unproven entity for both safety and effectiveness. it might get there and it might not. at this point it should not be mentioned as nothing more than a possiblity.
There is definitely more profit in remdesivir than hydroxychloroquine.

Ohio will start opening for business. Haircuts, salons and such can start taking customers on May 15th. Restaurants and bars can seat people outdoors on May 15. They can start indoor service on May 21. Servers etc. will wear masks and tables need to be 6 feet apart.

Last edited:

A little more clarity on age from the study. Currently in CO 91% of deaths are 60+, 78% are 70+ and 55% are 80+

Age and gender are well-established risk factors, with over 90% of UK deaths to date being in people aged over 60 years, and 60% of deaths in men,4 consistent with global patterns. Various pre-existing conditions have been reported to correlate with increased risk of poor outcomes. In a re-analysis of a large aggregated case series dataset from the Chinese center for disease control and prevention (44,672 patients, 1,023 deaths), cardiovascular disease, hypertension, diabetes, respiratory disease, and cancers were all associated with increased risk of death.5 These factors often correlate with age, but correction for age was not possible in the available data.

A little more clarity on age from the study. Currently in CO 91% of deaths are 60+, 78% are 70+ and 55% are 80+

Let's hope Covid-19 doesn't follow the path of the Spanish Flu virus which mutated and established significant advanced virulence in the Fall after initial outbreak in the Spring. At this point, I don't think anyone knows what it will do.

Let's hope Covid-19 doesn't follow the path of the Spanish Flu virus which mutated and established significant advanced virulence in the Fall after initial outbreak in the Spring. At this point, I don't think anyone knows what it will do.

This is my concern too. Events keep being postponed until fall, and that makes me nervous.

Hopefully if that happens, we’ll at the very least have treatment and mass testing in place.

Probably worth posting this since it was a bit of a panic a few days ago:

"
There is no current evidence of any increased incidence or greater susceptibility to Covid-19 infection for children who had Kawasaki Disease in the past.

All of the c. 20 cases are new, acute illness in children.

Fewer cases of Kawasaki Disease than would be normally expected at this time of year are currently being seen – not more.

"

The data remains overwhelming clear that this is less dangerous for children than the normal Flu

This one, the at home findings....there has to be a few common 'ins' for the virus.
Hope they find them

here's a great source of lots of contact tracing information from a doctor at the Univ. of St. Andrews:

"High infection rates seen in household, friend & family gatherings, transport suggest that closed contacts in congregation is likely the key driver of productive transmission. Casual, short interactions are not the main driver of the epidemic though keep social distancing! "

This is my concern too. Events keep being postponed until fall, and that makes me nervous.

Hopefully if that happens, we’ll at the very least have treatment and mass testing in place.

The CDC and most docs, scientists believe we need to be testing 1million per day. That is 5x the amount we are doing now. If we aren’t at that level by Aug 1, forget sports in the fall.

The CDC and most docs, scientists believe we need to be testing 1million per day. That is 5x the amount we are doing now. If we aren’t at that level by Aug 1, forget sports in the fall.

While you want to test as much as you can I don't think the total number of tests is as meaningful as the percentage of positive results from those tests. It's that percentage that determines what we do.

Nebraska has always tested higher risk people. People that traveled, people exposed to positive people. It appears as long as the percentage of positive results stay in the teens, the hospitals can handle things. I saw a chart last week that showed most tests in Nebraska was in the teens, except Crete where they are having a packing plant outbreak and it was 30% there.

But to me the big deal was the new testnebraska results. Here the tests are by appointment but are more random then the other tests we've done. They started testing in Omaha and Grand Island, two places that have seen a jump in cases. But Rickets said the other day out of the first 900 results they got back there were only 30 positive results, that's just 3%.

From day one it's always been about not overrunning the hospitals, that hasn't changed. You keep the test results of positive cases under 20% there will be sports, maybe very restricted, but there's no reason not to have sports if the hospitals are not overrun.

There's no vaccine coming, so it's up to herd immunity. The key is how fast can you get up to 70% of the population getting the virus while still not overloading the hospital. If you're an old fart like me, you back off, stay safe, and let it all play out.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back