• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Keagan Johnson Commits To Iowa

I guess Keagan was the one recruit to get Iowa over the proverbial hill of decades of mediocrity, at least according to this Iowa fan on 247:

"and...as pointed out in another write up, we still have martin, ragaini, tracey, hutson, calvin lockett, diante vines AND MAYBE EVEN skyler bell. holy wow. come on brian...fast break offense. if we land fidone? ncaa title would be legit possibility. even if we don't land fidone."

If they land Fidone (or don't land him), watch out Alabama, Clemson, LSU, Ohio State, etc....Iowa is coming for you!!!!!!:Lol::Lol::Lol:

Last edited:
I hate it when an in state Nebraska kid goes elsewhere. Michigan kids go to Penn State, Ohio State, Notre Dame etc regularly. Our collective heads would explode if we had that many D1 players go elsewhere. Here in Michigan it hardly gets mentioned, but this was just published in the Ann Arbor News:

Yup

"At the end of the day times have changed" is tell tale

I think that is a part of it, but the fact that Nebraska didn't offer his older brothers most likely plays a part in it also. I think Clester is a little miffed about this. The oldest probably didn't deserve an offer, but the middle one, I can't remember his name now, did. He has had a decent career at Wyoming. He would have had a better one if they had someone that could throw the ball. He was a big bodied middle 3* kid that Riley took a pass on.

Only thing for staff to do is make those young men regret their choice in about 2 1/2 years.

Scott needs to pull a Richard Petty ... he is a lap down & needs to lap the field or at least the ones that matter in the West by 7 laps.

EDIT: Best of luck to the young man.

Last edited:

This is really disappointing. Hopefully there are other factors like what @NUinID just pointed out (post #25).

Honestly though, if Frost can't get in-state kids to play for Nebraska... who can? I guess it'll just take winning. We need to get some momentum and get some significant wins and winning seasons. There's no reason for an in-state kid to want to play for Nebraska right now. We've had losing seasons 4 out of the last 5 years!

Yeah, this is a bummer. I think Iowa's 2021 class is nearly filled too with a very solid class.

Iowa has a really good class right now. 9 of their 15 commits had Nebraska offers and a couple more, IMPO, should have. A handful of their guys were highly coveted by Nebraska and recruited hard by the staff. Guys like Jeffrey Bowie, Brody Brecht and Keagan Johnson, certainly.

Historically NU has lost Omaha guys to other teams. The losses have ebbed and flowed but they have been there consistently over many decades. Our most recent teams have not given us much traction in the recruiting game. Actually I think Scott has been doing a very good job based on Riley's teams and his last couple of years. It will change for the better. GBR

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back