• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Avante Dickerson.Decommits From MN;

All those four stars that signed are going to be playing (or at least on the team) in 2020 though. Dickerson still has a season of high school to play. That's why there's an issue moving forward. The 2021 and 2022 recruits aren't enamored with what they've seen (including their parents unfortunately). It's why I think if we don't get to 8 wins our recruiting class will really struggle in the rankings. It's also why we only have 4 commits right now IMO. If we were having results on the field, better chances with Dickerson, Johnson, and a couple others to have us closer to 6-8 commits currently.

For the record, I don’t think Frost will need to be that worried about Minnesota and Fleck in 2022 and beyond, but they are an issue right now because we took some steps backwards.
Again, totally agree. But the ENTIRE 2019 recruiting class signed AFTER our season was over. They obviously saw something they liked. It is hard to impress this years prospects when we are not playing games, not having the Jr day, not having Spring ball/Spring game, not being able to host visitors, not getting coaches visits, etc, etc, etc. But like you said, if we don't get some W's before next Decembers NSD, we may end up with a "not so highly ranked" class for this year. I do agree with that. We really needed the Spring reps this year but, if there is a saving grace, no teams got any Spring reps of substance. So, at least in theory, everyone is in the same situation. But agree, we need wins.

Again, totally agree. But the ENTIRE 2019 recruiting class signed AFTER our season was over. They obviously saw something they liked. It is hard to impress this years prospects when we are not playing games, not having the Jr day, not having Spring ball/Spring game, not being able to host visitors, not getting coaches visits, etc, etc, etc. But like you said, if we don't get some W's before next Decembers NSD, we may end up with a "not so highly ranked" class for this year. I do agree with that. We really needed the Spring reps this year but, if there is a saving grace, no teams got any Spring reps of substance. So, at least in theory, everyone is in the same situation. But agree, we need wins.
But again as i've been stating, the 2019 class is signing based on vision (as is 2020 to an extent). 2019 and 2020 guys reference what happened at UCF all the time in their commitment interviews. But 2021 guys need tangible results. Fleck can counter the UCF vision quite easily to guys in the 2021 class with what happened in 2019 which is why they have more four stars committed than us currently (wouldn't be that way if they didn't steal Dickerson).

I don't think this is over. Like I said earlier, if we start out 5-1 we will have guys jumping on board. Heck, we will get Fidone and Haarberg on board sooner than later. But anyone stating that Minnesota finishing in the top 10, beating us by 4 touchdowns, and having the B1G coach of the year doesn't have the trajectory on us currently is being disingenuous.

But again as i've been stating, the 2019 class is signing based on vision (as is 2020 to an extent). 2019 and 2020 guys reference what happened at UCF all the time in their commitment interviews. But 2021 guys need tangible results. Fleck can counter the UCF vision quite easily to guys in the 2021 class with what happened in 2019 which is why they have more four stars committed than us currently (wouldn't be that way if they didn't steal Dickerson).

I don't think this is over. Like I said earlier, if we start out 5-1 we will have guys jumping on board. Heck, we will get Fidone and Haarberg on board sooner than later. But anyone stating that Minnesota finishing in the top 10, beating us by 4 touchdowns, and having the B1G coach of the year doesn't have the trajectory on us currently is being disingenuous.
I don't know that I have faith that we'll start 5-1. I haven't seen anything yet that leads to be the conclusion we're over the hump.

We need to "swiftboat" P.J. and crew. He has come up with a new style for BIG10 coaches--loyalty to the necktie, but shirt covered up by a half-zip sweater. Where's the bowtie? Can you imagine Dabo Sweeney or Mike Gundy wearing a bowtie???

I prefer not thinking of those two period.

I LIVED IN IOWA for 1 year and in that process, it took 10 years OFF my life! A nurse co-worker gave me a bumper sticker that was custom made for me (as I left Iowa and returned to NE) it said, "Happiness is Iowa in my rear view mirror." When I noted the "Welcome to Nebraska, the Good Life," sign on I-80 between CoB and Omaha, I turned over to the shoulder off the highway; got out of my car and, did the "papal thing," by kissing the ground!

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back