• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

So.............

So during the day binge watching while at home. Currently watching "Outsiders" This has helped me in one way. Since my grandson can not do any sports right now. I walk with him to the park every night.(mile each way.) Then he either practices soccer or football. Plays on the play ground total time at the park ~1hour. During the walk I take the chance to teach him things about nature and physics. Last night we used the time walking and bouncing his soccer ball to discuss Newton's 3rd law of motion.

I came home from Washington State and thought I would be out of work for two weeks because the Wisconsin Department of Health recommended it based on traveling from an area with “sustained community transmission”. But my employer said, “No you don’t have to self-quarantine unless you are symptomatic.” Which I thought was pretty funny since I work at a Children’s Hospital. So on Monday I went to work, promptly got exposed to a colleague who tested positive that night and got banned from work. Then I was asked to come in and get tested for the virus Yesterday (too soon), which I did and it was negative. And now I’m supposed to be on-call and potentially at work on Sunday. Craziness.....

So I’ve been playing lots of guitar and tying some trout and steelhead flies.

I will finally finish my office above the detached two car garage on my property this weekend and part of that is my tying table. I’ll break out the gear and snap a few shots, maybe tie a few flies it the thread isnt rotten.

I came home from Washington State and thought I would be out of work for two weeks because the Wisconsin Department of Health recommended it based on traveling from an area with “sustained community transmission”. But my employer said, “No you don’t have to self-quarantine unless you are symptomatic.” Which I thought was pretty funny since I work at a Children’s Hospital. So on Monday I went to work, promptly got exposed to a colleague who tested positive that night and got banned from work. Then I was asked to come in and get tested for the virus Yesterday (too soon), which I did and it was negative. And now I’m supposed to be on-call and potentially at work on Sunday. Craziness.....

So I’ve been playing lots of guitar and tying some trout and steelhead flies.
:thumbsup::Cheers:

Still working on my book, completing the introduction and am beginning to write/rewrite the middle or body section or the support information. The conclusion is already formulated and outlined, just needs more polished in content and context. Have also started a "story board" outline for the illustrations. Will probably do pencil illustrations as colored prints tend to be very expensive to reproduce.

All this "quiet" time is relaxing to a point. Then, I start to get cabin fever and write lyrics for future songs at our the jam sessions. Most are pretty corny with a few serious efforts sprinkled in between.

Now, I have to do the vacuuming for the wife.

To date, my routine has not changed a lot. Beginning Monday I will not be out seeing customers. I dug up a book to read. My wife and I are watching "The Crown" on Netflix. I'm trying to workout some here at home now that my gym is closed. It's going to be a long couple of weeks, possibly longer.

To date, my routine has not changed a lot. Beginning Monday I will not be out seeing customers. I dug up a book to read. My wife and I are watching "The Crown" on Netflix. I'm trying to workout some here at home now that my gym is closed. It's going to be a long couple of weeks, possibly longer.

I’m mentally preparing for 3 months. :( Hope I’m wrong!

We just binge-watched Tiger King on Netflix. It was beyond entertaining.

Counting flowers on the wall, that don't bother me at all.........

Like Red October, I'm retired so it's always quiet around my house anyway. Since I'm a 74 year old diabetic, I'm at a higher risk, so I try to keep my distance as much as possible. My social life no longer involves going to games, eating out, and dancing, but I run over to my friends house almost every evening and help her cook something new. So I'm eating better than ever!

Counting flowers on the wall, that don't bother me at all.........

Like Red October, I'm retired so it's always quiet around my house anyway. Since I'm a 74 year old diabetic, I'm at a higher risk, so I try to keep my distance as much as possible. My social life no longer involves going to games, eating out, and dancing, but I run over to my friends house almost every evening and help her cook something new. So I'm eating better than ever!
Hang in there Bucky, IM married and see more of my wife now and we talk alot more than before the virus struck. She is working from home and IM liking it.

Working some construction, studying for school, studying for a few certifications, trying to get a few blogs up and running, doing a lot of reading. Despite being fairly productive I am still bored as hell. I haven't been able to go to the gym for a week and it is starting to bother me. If businesses don't open up soon I'm just going to buy a chainsaw and start chopping down trees in my neighborhood. Or maybe I'll start a gang of hoodlums.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back