• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bo Pelini to LSU? Update: Pelini says "No"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes...yes....everyone give in to it. Let this thread course though you. Let a rumor about LSU’s DC search naturally evolve into a Pelini-Perlman-Eichorst-Riley thread (it’s already happening...), bury certain persons and defend to the death others...Then, find a way to involve Pederson and Solich....and our off-season destiny will be fulfilled.
So it is written. So it shall be done.;)

Yes...yes....everyone give in to it. Let this thread course though you. Let a rumor about LSU’s DC search naturally evolve into a Pelini-Perlman-Eichorst-Riley thread (it’s already happening...), bury certain persons and defend to the death others...Then, find a way to involve Pederson and Solich....and our off-season destiny will be fulfilled.

Bo did a very good job at Nebraska. The fishbowl got to him a bit, and by the time he was fired he was fed up with the administration.

I think it's pretty obvious by now that winning football games at this level is not easy. Since Solich was fired, we've had 4 coaches. 3 of those coaches have a combined record of 55-56 over 9 seasons. All three of them had at least two losing seasons. The other coach managed to steer the Huskers to an overall 7-season record of 66-27 (not counting the interim bowl game in 2003). He had zero losing seasons, won a minimum of 9 games, won 10 games 3 times, and won the division 3 times (tied one other time) across two different conferences. His teams never lost more than 3 conference games in a season, something the other 3 coaches combined to do a grand total of twice.

I don't care about a mean face, and yelling happens in football. I wasn't offended by his comments made after the Ohio State game, and I absolutely wasn't upset by his players-only meeting comments after he was fired. He wanted to make sure the players did what was best for them. In some cases, that meant staying. In other cases, that meant leaving. And he was 100% spot on about Eichorst.

Some (not all) of the people that lob excessive criticisms at Bo should look in the mirror... they certainly aren't any better than he is.

While I'm at it, there is no way he was trying to lose, nor was he trying to get fired. If he wanted to lose and/or get fired, that would have been easy. We've done a lot of losing in the years before and after him... the blueprint is there.

Bo did a very good job at Nebraska. The fishbowl got to him a bit, and by the time he was fired he was fed up with the administration.

I think it's pretty obvious by now that winning football games at this level is not easy. Since Solich was fired, we've had 4 coaches. 3 of those coaches have a combined record of 55-56 over 9 seasons. All three of them had at least two losing seasons. The other coach managed to steer the Huskers to an overall 7-season record of 66-27 (not counting the interim bowl game in 2003). He had zero losing seasons, won a minimum of 9 games, won 10 games 3 times, and won the division 3 times (tied one other time) across two different conferences. His teams never lost more than 3 conference games in a season, something the other 3 coaches combined to do a grand total of twice.

I don't care about a mean face, and yelling happens in football. I wasn't offended by his comments made after the Ohio State game, and I absolutely wasn't upset by his players-only meeting comments after he was fired. He wanted to make sure the players did what was best for them. In some cases, that meant staying. In other cases, that meant leaving. And he was 100% spot on about Eichorst.

Some (not all) of the people that lob excessive criticisms at Bo should look in the mirror... they certainly aren't any better than he is.

While I'm at it, there is no way he was trying to lose, nor was he trying to get fired. If he wanted to lose and/or get fired, that would have been easy. We've done a lot of losing in the years before and after him... the blueprint is there.
Good post. I never outright said he tried to lose. I don’t think he did all he could. He is smart enough to stop a jet sweep and and off tackle play when run over and over. Bo wanted out of here long before he was fired. I think it was difficult for him to go to work. He hated the frauds in charge. He had some bitterness. That was evident. I think he reached a point of outright not giving a damn to a point. I don’t know, but some of those blowout losses looked like it was half ass mode. He wanted to be fired. There is no argument on that. I think he is a damn good coach.

Good post. I never outright said he tried to lose. I don’t think he did all he could. He is smart enough to stop a jet sweep and and off tackle play when run over and over. Bo wanted out of here long before he was fired. I think it was difficult for him to go to work. He hated the frauds in charge. He had some bitterness. That was evident. I think he reached a point of outright not giving a damn to a point. I don’t know, but some of those blowout losses looked like it was half ass mode. He wanted to be fired. There is no argument on that. I think he is a damn good coach.
I just don't see it that way. He wanted to win badly, and using the Wisconsin games to say otherwise seems silly. We just didn't get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back