• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bo Pelini to LSU? Update: Pelini says "No"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the first time an outgoing person has told the TRUTH about what was going on. His players loved him. Everyone is always sooo offended anymore. It’s weak. Grow a sack and man up. He told it like it was. Not the way I’d have done it, but he did it his way. Sometimes the TRUTH can be very damaging, but yet, needs to be told.
When I got out of the corps I had to take classes on getting a job and interviewing. One of the key points is never say something real negative about your previous employer. New employers will see it as a real negative. They said when asked why you left. You say things like, we had a difference of opinion. Maybe, I was not a fan of the culture so I decided to move on.

Actually blowouts and temper tantrums were always part of the MO. 2003 blown out twice with a temper tantrum thrown against KSU after the game. 2008 Mizzou and Oki blew us out. 2009 probably his best year still lost by 21 to TT. No blow outs in 2010 however he did have the big blow up after the CC game. 2011 blowouts to Wisky, MI and South Carolina. 2012 OSU and Wisky. 2013 UCLA and IA. 2013 Wisky again. So if he was just getting blown out to get fired it started pretty early on.

What I wouldn't give for one to two blowouts a year and 9 wins.

I simply do not believe him to be a man with the character

I think this is the biggest misjudgment about the man in general... I will grant you the second part of your statement about temperament but I think Bo is a good man who cares greatly about his kids but had an awful time with authority when he viewed it to be incompetent. His players for the most part were good kids at UNL and Bo did a great job weeding out the bad ones. I also think he ran a relatively clean program compared to all the others in big boy football.

I think Bo showed his character during the Avery Moss case. He believed strongly that Avery was a good kid who did something extremely stupid and believed in the kid's character and thought he followed the rules... Avery eventually followed Bo to the YSU and is now three years into his NFL career and been a model teammate and citizen.

Last edited:
Yeah, I do think he “tanked” some. Damn right. Maybe just not doing all he could. He wanted fired. Years earlier. He couldn’t just quit like most of us could. Maybe he thought some blowouts would do the trick. He just didn’t suddenly get stupid. Not the way to go about it, but maybe he hated it that much. Again, he wasn’t stupid.
Did he tank in the 2012 B1G Championship? What happened against Wisconsin in 2014 was pretty damn similar. This narrative reeks of excuse making.

Defensive coordinator position ...... very few podium in weekly media pressor. Bo's perfect fit.

20080407pelini_medium-drunk.jpg

Last edited:
I think if you had him up in press box calling the defense and not on the field, he would excel especially with LSU talent.

I heard via reliable twitter :Rolleyes:, Tigers offensive coordinator Steve Ensminger will retire.
Replacement, Mike Riley :eek: :Hair Fire::Stirthepot:

:Sarcastic:

Last edited:

If Bo had a better AD and it made the difference some here are claiming - which I don't believe btw but whatever - he would have gone to Ohio State in a flash, or if that didnt happen an SEC school where it was easier to recruit. So all this is moot.

Last edited:

Bo is a good candidate for any coordinator spot as long as you don't ask him to do certain things... wish him the best.

Yep, like recruit, act like an adult, to civil to reporters, get the chip off his shoulder, etc...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back