• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bo Pelini to LSU? Update: Pelini says "No"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, your speculative, spontaneous, outrageous and caustic remark simply demonstrates your DNA cluster lines up with Pelini. And, I did not ask you for a job.
Pretty sure Bo didn’t ask you for a job either so

Last edited:

BP was a straight shooter - grab em by the... kitten.

BP wasn't supported & actually wasn't wrong about Eichorst (...or BSnyder for that matter) ;) - but remains the best HC DONU has had since Frankie. It didn't work out, he wasn't pleasant enough for some & only won 9+ games a year which infuriated others - perhaps things could've been different if he had support - I don't begrudge him.

As for telling his players to watch out for #1, that's never bad advice - & not the same as directing them to go elsewhere, ala Riley telling Bookie to go OU.

DONU sent him packing twice (2003 & 2014)... both were administration mistakes IMO.

I for one, wish him well.
:Sign2cents:
Pretty much spot on!

NO he just didn’t like those type of fans that walk out of a stadium before the games over. Can’t blame him for that though those type of fans are the ones I wouldn’t count on either. Wouldn’t associate with them cause you know if things get tough they will pack it in and leave you.
If Trent is agreeing with you, it's time to reconsider your position.

One thing is for sure, nobody can argue that Bo Pelini is not one of the best defensive minds in college football. This would absolutely be a homerun hire for Ed Ogeron. I pity any team that has to play LSU if Pelini becomes the DC.
I might argue that. He had one good season as Nebraska's D Coordinator-his first and only. His "team" had an awesome defense in 2009 or whatever year it was when you had Suh wrecking havoc on Big 12 offenses. After that his team's had some pretty average/poor defenses but if you aren't going to fault the head coach for that, can you credit him for the success under Suh? He loses Carl and really their was nothing special about his defenses after that. He spent some time at Oklahoma but was the Assistant D Coordinator and the defense was nothing special. At LSU they won a national championship with great talent and their D gave up nearly 90 points in loses to Arkansas and Kentucky. That was a 2 loss NC team. My guess is Bo is much closer to a good defensive mind than one of the best defensive minds in college football.

Everyone has a breaking point also. For me it took 13 years what was noticeable in year 1. Eventually, boom. Just sayin.

Nah.

Under no circumstances would I publicly or privately bitch and cuss to management. It's unprofessional and a weakness. Nothing good will come from it. You can't let someone else bring you to the boiling point -- because ultimately, that's on you. No one can force you to behave or react in any way.

Be certain, I was in a miserable situation with an employer prior to moving to Austin. I sucked up my feelings and looked for a quiet exit. You don't want to burn bridges -- because you never know when you might need that bridge again. And even if you don't -- you can walk away knowing the other person didn't get the best of your emotions. Strength through composure.

Last edited:

I might argue that. He had one good season as Nebraska's D Coordinator-his first and only. His "team" had an awesome defense in 2009 or whatever year it was when you had Suh wrecking havoc on Big 12 offenses. After that his team's had some pretty average/poor defenses but if you aren't going to fault the head coach for that, can you credit him for the success under Suh? He loses Carl and really their was nothing special about his defenses after that. He spent some time at Oklahoma but was the Assistant D Coordinator and the defense was nothing special. At LSU they won a national championship with great talent and their D gave up nearly 90 points in loses to Arkansas and Kentucky. That was a 2 loss NC team. My guess is Bo is much closer to a good defensive mind than one of the best defensive minds in college football.
also in the 2007 national championship season at Lsu he had Glenn Dorsey, one of the best defensive lineman ever to play at Lsu. Makes coaching defense a little easier when you have a Glenn Dorsey or a Suh on your line. dang we need a player of that type on our line.

Yeah, I do think he “tanked” some. Damn right. Maybe just not doing all he could. He wanted fired. Years earlier. He couldn’t just quit like most of us could. Maybe he thought some blowouts would do the trick. He just didn’t suddenly get stupid. Not the way to go about it, but maybe he hated it that much. Again, he wasn’t stupid.

I agree, honestly I really thought he would end up in the NFL as a position coach or DC. How often to you see a Coordinator talking to the press and even more so no recruiting. That being said, I wasn't sure if his ego would let him do that.

If Bo ends up at LSU, that should be good for all involved. I think Coach O is a strong leader and maybe that is what Bo needs to help keep him in check. We shall see.

Nah.

Under no circumstances would I publicly or privately bitch and cuss to management. It's unprofessional and a weakness. Nothing good will come from it. You can't let someone else bring you do the boiling point -- because ultimately, that's on you. No one can force you to behave or react in any way.

Be certain, I was in a miserable situation with an employer prior to moving to Austin. I sucked up my feelings and looked for a quiet exit. You don't want to burn bridges -- because you never know when you might need that bridge again. And even if you don't -- you can walk away knowing the other person didn't get the best of your emotions. Strength through composure.

lest I walk in another man’s shoes...

I agree, honestly I really thought he would end up in the NFL as a position coach or DC. How often to you see a Coordinator talking to the press and even more so no recruiting. That being said, I wasn't sure if his ego would let him do that.

If Bo ends up at LSU, that should be good for all involved. I think Coach O is a strong leader and maybe that is what Bo needs to help keep him in check. We shall see.
Actually blowouts and temper tantrums were always part of the MO. 2003 blown out twice with a temper tantrum thrown against KSU after the game. 2008 Mizzou and Oki blew us out. 2009 probably his best year still lost by 21 to TT. No blow outs in 2010 however he did have the big blow up after the CC game. 2011 blowouts to Wisky, MI and South Carolina. 2012 OSU and Wisky. 2013 UCLA and IA. 2013 Wisky again. So if he was just getting blown out to get fired it started pretty early on.

I tend to agree w/ your 'good' but not 'great' perspective. Seems that Pelini's best defenses were when he had a dominant DT … Glenn Dorsey at LSU and Suh at Nebraska. I don't think he really adjusted his defense much to meet the challenges of the B1G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back