• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

JUCO LB Mauga-Clements is N; Update: Now a 4-Star/5.8 on Rivals

I hope he’s got the intelligence to go with the athleticism. Is he going to be able to get in the field from game one? Sounds like he only just started to play linebacker this year. That’s a lot to learn. Elite speed can be an eraser at times, but more often than not it just gets you out of position faster if you are inexperienced.

At any rate, I’m pumped to get this kid. Looks like a damn good player.

Last edited:

Real position of need and he looks to have to burst and physical attributes to be a good one

Change of position and body growth appears to have left him under the radar which is not unusual as we both know.
Totally agree. We really have lacked speed/burst in our ILB for years. We rarely bust through the LOS and make a tackle in the backfield. The Reimers kid looked fast in the limited action he saw. Hopefully we will see more disruption by the LBs next year. Loved Berry he just didn’t have the wheels.

I disagree. I think our OL will be fine next year. DL I would agree with. The OL really started to Gel last year.
Is Cochran good enough to come in and start next year? I know they plan on putting Benhart at RT and sliding Farniok in. MS/Cochran LT. Wilson LG Jurgens C Farniok RG Benhart RT looks pretty good. Plus we should have some decent depth behind him. A good OL solves a lot of our problems. AM needs a good running game imo to be at his best. It all starts up front.

Is Cochran good enough to come in and start next year? I know they plan on putting Benhart at RT and sliding Farniok in. MS/Cochran LT. Wilson LG Jurgens C Farniok RG Benhart RT looks pretty good. Plus we should have some decent depth behind him. A good OL solves a lot of our problems. AM needs a good running game imo to be at his best. It all starts up front.
I would guess Corocran redshirts. Christian Gaylord has applied for, and should get, a 6th year due to his knee injury. He, Benhart and Jaimes should give us solid tackle depth if Gaylord is healthy. Fritzsche might play in to that equation, too.

Last edited:

You know I am happy. Samoans live to play football. Especially defense. They tend to be very fast and very strong. They work harder because they generally come from poverty so they are their families hope to move out of poverty. Especially when they are from Samoa. They will run through a wall and push those around them to do the same.
I know you didn’t mean it this way, and I’ve read enough of your posts to know this isn’t you, but this read a little racist to me. I know it came from a good place, just remove “Samoan” and insert any other race/ethnicity and it’s going downhill fast. Just my .02

Glad we got this kid, speed like this only makes us better

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back