• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Should NU Lower Ticket Prices Next Year?

As far as the students go... screw em. The student section was maybe 20% full today. It was embarrassing. No... embarrassing is too kind. It's pathetic that they didn't show up for an afternoon rivalry game with a bowl berth on the line.
Goodness gracious this is misguided.

Certainly the most ridiculous statement of the year. It’s a Holiday and family comes well before a football game. The students are free to make any choice they want with their time without a fanatic spouting nonsense.

Want to re-think that sentiment?

You already snatched the pebble didn't you?
;) very good.
I have appreciated and continue to appreciate my role as a grasshopper in life. I am continually reminded that I will be until my death. I also have a position in supervision and training of future psychologists that allows me to assist other grasshoppers with realizing and appreciating the same.

It'll be sold out before the season begins, and the stadium will still be full.

As far as the students go... screw em. The student section was maybe 20% full today. It was embarrassing. No... embarrassing is too kind. It's pathetic that they didn't show up for an afternoon rivalry game with a bowl berth on the line.

@Greatest Fan of All, are you ever going to go to a game? Or is criticizing coaches on the internet the extent of your support?

It's a Holiday weekend, I doubt many students were on campus and in Lincoln.

Moos already said they will reduce capacity by about 3k. I will still go to games for as long as the good Lord allows me to, and I won't bale on Nebraska just because they are struggling.

Anyone who hasn’t bailed by now is likely in it till the end.

It's a Holiday weekend, I doubt many students were on campus and in Lincoln.
Yes, the university closed on Wednesday. Also the weather was forecasted to be shi++y and our team had a losing record.

I get people like to rail on the students for not showing, but the conditions aren't what they were when I was a student 20 years ago. This week I passed up 2 free tickets and a parking pass from my parents. They didn't see the value in attending and neither did we. The option of staying home and watching on a high-def screen with the ability to pause and rewind, and close proximity to the fridge and bathroom, and access to legally consume alcohol, well... That's a lot of 'ands' that result in what we are seeing across all of college sports.

When I was a student, we didn't have the same options or quality in video transmission media ability, so if we wanted to watch the game , we had to attend in-person. I had student tickets for 3 years and never missed a game. If I was a student at this point, I may have skipped the game on Friday for a combination of the aforementioned conditions. That is what will end the sellout streak, along with apathy. It isn't the fault of Frost, but it may come on his watch. Hopefully not.

It'll be sold out before the season begins, and the stadium will still be full.

@Greatest Fan of All, are you ever going to go to a game? Or is criticizing coaches on the internet the extent of your support?

It is frustrating. However, in their defense, the school closes the dorms on Wednesday and don’t open until Sunday. Plus the weather probably didn’t help for those students whose families live close by.

Been to a game in every SF season (and at least 90% of the seasons since 1962)...Minnesota last year and Indiana this year. That said, I've watched, listened to or attended every game but one since 1962, so I don't need to answer to a whippersnapper like you. I've seen truly great Nebraska teams and coaches and I've seen a lot of crap going on for 17 years now. All HC's are open to criticism, I haven't criticized SF nearly as much as he deserves because I'm holding out hope that he will turn it around beginning next year. Even if next year is another dud, he'll have my support for a minimum of another season. That doesn't mean I won't criticize his poor game day management, propensity to snatch a loss from the jaws of victory, or sad pressers on occasion. Grow up...
You’ve watched that much football and you still don’t know anything about it? :oops:

I saw a lot of empty seats in the upper north west end zone but I think all those people were trying to squeeze into my row. I swear there were 3 people already in my seat when I got there.

Last edited:

When you are paying a "coach" 1.1 million per win you can't lower ticket prices

When you are paying a "coach" 1.1 million per win you can't lower ticket prices
just like cnn it's all cable money. comes out of same pot. they could easily just give the tickets away, wouldn't that be fun

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back