• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Should NU Lower Ticket Prices Next Year?

Boji Husker

All Big 10
5 Year Member
...to help continue the sellout streak? It is the only thing left that NU has going for it. Would be weird to have that end under Frost.

No, they can’t with the commitment to the facilities upgrade. And I have never heard of anyone doing that anyway though I’m sure it probably has occurred. But if we continue to suck, they will have to get very creative otherwise the streak will come to an end.

I can’t even dream of it continuing next year.

Free tickets wouldn’t even do it. Too much apathy from the poor coaching/play.

They won't lower prices and they won't let the streak end (officially). But, we will see lots more empty seats, if we don't win a whole bunch of games next year.

One thing they should think about is giving the students cheap access to any seats that open up.
They won't lower prices and they won't let the streak end (officially). But, we will see lots more empty seats, if we don't win a whole bunch of games next year.

One thing they should think about is giving the students cheap access to any seats that open up.
As we sit right now,if we don’t win 6 of the first 7 games next year we are in for a possible no bowl season again.The last five games are really tough.Keep the faith.GBR.

It'll be sold out before the season begins, and the stadium will still be full.

As far as the students go... screw em. The student section was maybe 20% full today. It was embarrassing. No... embarrassing is too kind. It's pathetic that they didn't show up for an afternoon rivalry game with a bowl berth on the line.

@Greatest Fan of All, are you ever going to go to a game? Or is criticizing coaches on the internet the extent of your support?

As far as the students go... screw em. The student section was maybe 20% full today. It was embarrassing. No... embarrassing is too kind. It's pathetic that they didn't show up for an afternoon rivalry game with a bowl berth on the line.

@Greatest Fan of All, are you ever going to go to a game? Or is criticizing coaches on the internet the extent of your support?
Been to a game in every SF season (and at least 90% of the seasons since 1962)...Minnesota last year and Indiana this year. That said, I've watched, listened to or attended every game but one since 1962, so I don't need to answer to a whippersnapper like you. I've seen truly great Nebraska teams and coaches and I've seen a lot of crap going on for 17 years now. All HC's are open to criticism, I haven't criticized SF nearly as much as he deserves because I'm holding out hope that he will turn it around beginning next year. Even if next year is another dud, he'll have my support for a minimum of another season. That doesn't mean I won't criticize his poor game day management, propensity to snatch a loss from the jaws of victory, or sad pressers on occasion. Grow up...

Last edited:
Been to a game in every SF season (and at least 90% of the seasons since 1962)...Minnesota last year and Indiana this year. That said, I've watched, listened to or attended every game but one since 1962, so I don't need to answer to a whippersnapper like you. I've seen truly great Nebraska teams and coaches and I've since a lot of crap going on for 17 years now. All HC's are open to criticism, I haven't criticized SF nearly as much as he deserves because I'm holding out hope that he will turn it around beginning next year. Even if next year is another dud, he'll have my support for a minimum of another season. That doesn't mean I won't criticize his poor game day management, propensity to snatch a loss from the jaws of victory, or sad pressers on occasion. Grow up...
I honestly thought you said that you didn't go to games, so I apologize. You should get to one of @Smoker's tailgates.

I honestly thought you said that you didn't go to games, so I apologize. You should get to one of @Smoker's tailgates.
I didn't go to any games in the last few Pelini seasons and only one during the Riley seasons. I used to go to a lot of games, especially road trips, but pretty much only go to home games now and only in a suite a friend of mine owns.

You do realize it was the day after Thanksgiving and the university closed on Wednesday this week? Maybe some students were home with family, or maybe they stayed in from the rain to watch on TV? Who cares honestly. I had free tickets and parking pass that I passed on because I knew the weather would suck, didn't want to commute to Lincoln again this week, and figured they'd find a way to dribble it down their leg like usual, and well they did. I don't judge the students or any fan one bit, it doesn't make them less of a fan.
I'm glad I stayed home and watched with family as opposed to in the conditions of the stadium. In the 90's and early 2000's I didn't miss many games and had season tickets from 04 to 13 and didn't miss a game. I'm way more apathetic with attending live now when I can watch on a huge high def screen with surround sound, multiple replays, adult beverages, and great food on hand and closer proximity to bathrooms and friends/family. Maybe that makes me less of a fan in some eyes, but I don't give a flying flip. I'm an alum x2 and faculty at UNL Life's priorities change and when the team sucks, well you get what you get.

Last edited:

You do realize it was the day after Thanksgiving and the university closed on Wednesday this week? Maybe some students were home with family, or maybe they stayed in from the rain to watch on TV? Who cares honestly. I had free tickets and parking pass that I passed on because I knew the weather would suck, didn't want to commute to Lincoln again this week, and figured they'd find a way to dribble it down their leg like usual, and well they did. I don't judge the students or any fan one bit, it doesn't make them less of a fan.
I'm glad I stayed home and watched with family as opposed to in the conditions of the stadium. In the 90's and early 2000's I didn't miss many games and had season tickets from 04 to 13 and didn't miss a game. I'm way more apathetic with attending live now when I can watch on a huge high def screen with surround sound, multiple replays, adult beverages, and great food on hand and closer proximity to bathrooms and friends/family. Maybe that makes me less of a fan in some eyes, but I don't give a flying flip. I'm an alum and faculty at UNL Life's priorities change and when the team sucks, well you get what you get.
Uh, ok. That's a cool story. There are plenty of excuses for the students to bail on their classmates, I guess.

I'm glad I stayed home and watched with family as opposed to in the conditions of the stadium. In the 90's and early 2000's I didn't miss many games and had season tickets from 04 to 13 and didn't miss a game. I'm way more apathetic with attending live now when I can watch on a huge high def screen with surround sound, multiple replays, adult beverages, and great food on hand and closer proximity to bathrooms and friends/family. Maybe that makes me less of a fan in some eyes, but I don't give a flying flip. I'm an alum x2 and faculty at UNL Life's priorities change and when the team sucks, well you get what you get.

And can throw that foam rubber brick at the T.V. too!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back