• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Leadership training?

Is the leadership training intended for the coaches or the players? There's a few things that bug me about Frost, but in general I think he will improve and some leadership training might help.
  1. Can he please shave for interviews and press conferences, look like a professional.
  2. Release injury information, unless the player's family hasn't been notified and/or the player doesn't want the info released. Guessing about who is really healthy hurts the public's opinion of players.
  3. Don't throw your players under the bus, even if you didn't recruit them, heard too much of that this year.
  4. And most importantly - NEVER CALL A BUBBLE SCREEN AGAIN!

Is the leadership training intended for the coaches or the players? There's a few things that bug me about Frost, but in general I think he will improve and some leadership training might help.
  1. Can he please shave for interviews and press conferences, look like a professional.
  2. Release injury information, unless the player's family hasn't been notified and/or the player doesn't want the info released. Guessing about who is really healthy hurts the public's opinion of players.
  3. Don't throw your players under the bus, even if you didn't recruit them, heard too much of that this year.
  4. And most importantly - NEVER CALL A BUBBLE SCREEN AGAIN!

Is #1 sarcasm?

LJ was in the doghouse for all of last season and half of this season. Not being able to make it to all of your classes and going 50% in practice sure seems like captain material to me.

The best player or most talented player is far from always the best choice for captain.
Scott Frost starts players that go 50% in practice and regularly miss classes? Some culture change you are envisioning, but we both know that you are talking out of it.

Last edited:

Is there anything called "Desire" training?

Don't believe there is?

You either have the "Desire" to be a Nebraska football player (Garrett Nelson/ Wandale Robinson ) or you don't.

I have seen A LOT of "you don't". And I have seen it (as I'm sure many of you have also) from some of our "Captains" also.

Hope for the day when the ratio from "they don't" to "they do" happens.

imo...I believe that is when we will turn the corner.

Dick Vermeil, told about a decision he made to cut one of the top draft picks. The player had all the credentials: top ground gainer in his conference, fewest fumbles of any running back in the country, under four seconds in the 40-yard dash, he had it all. Why did the coach cut him? “He only runs when he wants to run. I want him to run all the time and not just when he feels like running,” said Coach Vermeil. He went on, “I am not a motivator. I just surround myself with people who want what I want.”

We err when we try to change people by trying to get them to do what we did to become successful in a program they are not suited for in either interest or desire. It’s like hiring Mike Schmidt to teach your baseball players to hit home runs. If hitting home runs could be taught, every player in the game would be hitting a hundred a year. The only tools needed to write a great novel are a pencil and a paper.

LINK: Are you a front runner, a reluctant runner or an also ran?

Last edited:
Is #1 sarcasm?
Maybe it's a spin on the Crash Davis character from the movie Bull Durham.

"Your face has whiskers on it. You’ll never win the B1G with whiskers on your face. Think classy, you'll be classy. If you win the B1G, you can let the whiskers grow back and the press'll think you're colorful. Until you win the B1G, however, it means you are a slob."

At least 3 out of 4 captains all talk a good game but dont back it up on the field.

Do you consider Damian Jackson a leader? Because he hasn't done crap on the field.

This whole thread is hilarious....People that see like 5% of what goes on within Nebraska football, determining how good of a leader someone is by watching 4 quarters of Football, 12 Saturdays out of the year.

Do you consider Damian Jackson a leader? Because he hasn't done crap on the field.

This whole thread is hilarious....People that see like 5% of what goes on within Nebraska football, determining how good of a leader someone is by watching 4 quarters of Football, 12 Saturdays out of the year.
Leadership during a game like which I used Lauren Stivrins as an example is the point of the thread.

Or based on their hair cuts.

Maybe it's a spin on the Crash Davis character from the movie Bull Durham.

"Your face has whiskers on it. You’ll never win the B1G with whiskers on your face. Think classy, you'll be classy. If you win the B1G, you can let the whiskers grow back and the press'll think you're colorful. Until you win the B1G, however, it means you are a slob."

Oof.

Dick Vermeil, told about a decision he made to cut one of the top draft picks. The player had all the credentials: top ground gainer in his conference, fewest fumbles of any running back in the country, under four seconds in the 40-yard dash, he had it all. Why did the coach cut him? “He only runs when he wants to run. I want him to run all the time and not just when he feels like running,” said Coach Vermeil. He went on, “I am not a motivator. I just surround myself with people who want what I want.”

We err when we try to change people by trying to get them to do what we did to become successful in a program they are not suited for in either interest or desire. It’s like hiring Mike Schmidt to teach your baseball players to hit home runs. If hitting home runs could be taught, every player in the game would be hitting a hundred a year. The only tools needed to write a great novel are a pencil and a paper.

LINK: Are you a front runner, a reluctant runner or an also ran?

To be fair, the pro game changes things.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back