• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Leadership training?

djlhuskerfan

Starter
15 Year Member
Just got done watching volleyball. John Cook had the foresight to put Stivrins and Hames through leadership training. What a tremendous idea! That is how you establish and maintain winning culture. Football has lacked leadership among the players forever! Wish Cook could get into coach Frost's ear about building a culture!!

Cook is a great coach in so many ways.

His coaching tree is one of the largest ever, players lead themselves and set tone of the team/year.

Every coach at NU should spend time learning/observing from him.

Don’t worry though, we know where this thing is going. Just got to get rid of all the bad players that we start game after game.

Just got done watching volleyball. John Cook had the foresight to put Stivrins and Hames through leadership training. What a tremendous idea! That is how you establish and maintain winning culture. Football has lacked leadership among the players forever! Wish Cook could get into coach Frost's ear about building a culture!!
Just curious, how close are you to the program to be able to determine that there is no leadership within the football team?

Just curious, how close are you to the program to be able to determine that there is no leadership within the football team?
Not close, but Stiv and Hames lead the volleyball team. They’re likely our two best players and went through an offseason of leadership training. At the recent NU MN volleyball game Stiv lead the entire discussion between sets 4 and 5. She was quite adamant in her talk. The team came out and pummeled the 6th ranked team in the country on their home court.

Do AM and Farniok lead by example? Ever hear of them getting training? Ever see AM passionately talking to his team? For that matter, does AM even look like he cares?

You dont have to be close to the team. Its glaringly obvious
Actually you do....

As a former Husker with a Big 12 championship ring sitting in my safe, I can tell you that what you see is only about 10% of what is actually going on.

There may or may not be leadership issues, the fact of the matter is you’re taking a limited amount of eyeball time to form an opinion.

Not close, but Stiv and Hames lead the volleyball team. They’re likely our two best players and went through an offseason of leadership training. At the recent NU MN volleyball game Stiv lead the entire discussion between sets 4 and 5. She was quite adamant in her talk. The team came out and pummeled the 6th ranked team in the country on their home court.

Do AM and Farniok lead by example? Ever hear of them getting training? Ever see AM passionately talking to his team? For that matter, does AM even look like he cares?
I couldn’t tell you to be honest. I can’t form an opinion based off of the limited sample size I see.

Actually you do....

As a former Husker with a Big 12 championship ring sitting in my safe, I can tell you that what you see is only about 10% of what is actually going on.

There may or may not be leadership issues, the fact of the matter is you’re taking a limited amount of eyeball time to form an opinion.
Sorry but the proof is in the pudding. Back when you played players were accountable and it showed

Sorry but the proof is in the pudding. Back when you played players were accountable and it showed
I don’t know that players aren’t held accountable....all I have is blind faith at this point, and trust/hope that Frost and Co. are the right men to steer the ship. I hate that we’re not taking a bowl trip. But starting the long wait until next year.

I couldn’t tell you to be honest. I can’t form an opinion based off of the limited sample size I see.
I’m not close enough either to be honest. Almost nobody is. I know what I see when I’m at volleyball games and I know what I see at football games. There doesn’t seem to be any comparison.

To me AM and Farniak we’re poor choices as captains because their on field product doesn’t inspire great effort. Hard to hold others accountable when you have a boatload of issues of your own.

I don’t know that players aren’t held accountable....all I have is blind faith at this point, and trust/hope that Frost and Co. are the right men to steer the ship. I hate that we’re not taking a bowl trip. But starting the long wait until next year.
I am 100% in Frost's corner also. Going to he long offseason. I have feeling there is turmoil behind scenes we don't know about.

I’m not close enough either to be honest. Almost nobody is. I know what I see when I’m at volleyball games and I know what I see at football games. There doesn’t seem to be any comparison.

To me AM and Farniak we’re poor choices as captains because their on field product doesn’t inspire great effort. Hard to hold others accountable when you have a boatload of issues of your own.
To be fair and by those standards, what player DID provide leadership like play this season?

To be fair and by those standards, what player DID provide leadership like play this season?
When given the opportunity Mills ran the ball with as much purpose and effort as I’ve seen in a while. Too bad we had to wait so long to see him as he would’ve been a big difference against Purdue and Indiana. That’s sad I have no idea about his leader ship ability. He sure seemed to play with some passion though.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back