• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

JUCO LB Jamoi Hodge is N (4 to play 3 commit)

When asked by The World-Herald for a reason why he decommitted, Hodge texted, “Ask the coach. I don’t have nothing to say.”
NU is kicking the tires on several other linebacker prospects, including Diablo Valley (Calif.) College's Eteva Mauga, who visits this weekend.

Do we expect him to recommit in a few days? Wonder what's up with that? (no, I don't really expect him to commit again.) Did he get his dream offer?

Last edited:

I hope promises weren't made and not kept about looking for other LB's.

There’s a reason he probably took that visit to SMU after he committed. I’m sure the staff told him he could commit as a placeholder, but they were looking at other options. He kept looking and then the staff moved on. That’s how it looks to me.

Sounds like that may be the case. Hopefully it means we have other guys committed that we dont know about
That or the coaches cooled on him for some reason. While this is better for us, it'd be interesting to see how we came to this point. I'd much rather we keep our word where possible but recruiting is cutthroat on both sides (like Groce this year and Calvin a few years back).

the crazy world of recruiting. If we have something better lined up, better to cut ties now rather than having him on campus and then figuring it out
Maybe Im wrong but I dont think Nebraka would prosper flipping guys inside the radius in a week because they find something better. If he had a condioltional offer or he did something like grades, though, that'd be another matter.

What the heck?
Recruiting has to be the worst part of being an assistant coach...
Any coach. I have a great quote from a prominent DC for a Power 5 school while I was at a bar with him:

“I’ve gotta get on a private jet to go see a kid that can’t drive yet, to tell him how great he is and how much I want him. Then when he doesn’t show up because he forgot or got in a fight with his girlfriend I still have to act like that’s ok. And while I spend all this time sucking up to these kids who would be lucky to get a job at Enterprise when they’re done, I get to miss out on being with my family.”

I was really dying laughing.

This coupled with backing off Wren is a little confusing because we seem to be pursuing several other LBs. I assume it means we like our chances with some guys higher up on our board. I hope/assume we were honest with Hodge. The process is ugly on both sides at times, especially as signing day nears.

This coupled with backing off Wren is a little confusing because we seem to be pursuing several other LBs. I assume it means we like our chances with some guys higher up on our board. I hope/assume we were honest with Hodge. The process is ugly on both sides at times, especially as signing day nears.
Clouse intimated this very sentiment. Linebacker recruiting is going to be a roller coaster over the next 2 weeks.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that Frost made no promises..
While I don’t know him personally, I don’t think that’s how he operates..... because that obviously isn’t a way to run a team.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back