• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

JUCO LB Jamoi Hodge is N (4 to play 3 commit)

I am asking because I do not know. Any legal issues in his past? Other than that I can not see any good reason to turn a talent like this down when we are only at 14 commits. If it is because we "think" we will get some high school kids. I would say a bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush.

I am asking because I do not know. Any legal issues in his past? Other than that I can not see any good reason to turn a talent like this down when we are only at 14 commits. If it is because we "think" we will get some high school kids. I would say a bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush.
No legal stuff, you just have to trust someone this late in the process and if you can’t, cut ties and move on imo

I don’t think the husker recruiting world is going to come crashing to an end if we find out why this kid decommitted. If you know why, good for you for digging and finding out why. If you don’t want to share it that’s your prerogative but don’t blame others for speculating and act above the fray because you have paid for a recruiting source or have read something others haven’t. Unless you have spoken to the kid directly, the only thing you have over anyone else is a source you think is more accurate that what anyone else has.
ffs

No legal stuff, you just have to trust someone this late in the process and if you can’t, cut ties and move on imo
And there is the problem for Frost getting on a recruit so late, not as much time to vet them and develop a relationship and feel for the kid. Might be a reason why there has been such a high turnover rate with Frosts recruits, like the first year. Not really worried about the long term commits, but the last 10 or so might be higher risk of not panning out.

From the Omaha World-Herald this morning: "Independence (Kansas) C.C. linebacker Jamoi Hodge reopened his recruitment Thursday after pledging to the Huskers a week earlie. He clarified what happened in a tweet Sunday: "I never decommitted from Nebraska. If you want to be real Nebraska coaches decommitted from me. I didn't have a choice." Certainly reason(s) that we might never know.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back