• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

in my opinion, this quote tells all we need to know about the coaching

Half of who? What exactly have you heard me complain about?

My issues with Scott frost as a head coach at DONU are that he loses games he really should win. you play to win the game. not to showcase an offense, not to show everyone how smart you are, not to protect fragile individuals, and not to play favourites.

the problem with some of you is that you have elevated scott frost above the nebraska football program, and placed him on a pedestal.
It would seem hard for you to deny that you are saying Frost is not playing to win.

If that’s what you get from the entire paragraph/context/argument that I made there, then I can’t have a good discussion with you. Feel free to run with whatever narrative you want.

Can you phrase it differently? I'm not being difficult, I truly am confused as to what.you are saying if you don't mean that Frost is coaching to win.

I will defer to him and his tactics since he has a track record of success. There are some things he should tweak but his system works. Your comment that he's not trying to win above all else simply doesn't make sense. You might not agree with his decisions, but I don't think you can or should question his commitment or desire to win and win big.

Define "track record of success" because one winning season out of 4 is not it by my definition.

6-7, 13-0, 4-8, 5-7 with an overall of 28-22 is a track record of losing with one outlier.

C

Define "track record of success" because one winning season out of 4 is not it by my definition.

6-7, 13-0, 4-8, 5-7 with an overall of 28-22 is a track record of losing with one outlier.

C

I would say his time calling plays at Oregon might show some relevancy as well as far as his offensive system.

I would say his time calling plays at Oregon might show some relevancy as well as far as his offensive system.

Three years as an assistant with Mariota in a well established program does not count towards HC'ing track record in my opinion. But that is just my definition since he is the HC at NU and that is how he should be evaluated. As a HC he has a track record of losing, hopefully that will change over the next couple years.

I know of lots of successful coordinators that failed as HC's.

C

Last edited:

Three years as an assistant with Mariota in a well established program does not count towards HC'ing track record in my opinion. But that is just my definition since he is the HC at NU and that is how he should be evaluated. As a HC he has a track record of losing, hopefully that will change over the next couple years.

I know of lots of successful coordinators that failed as HC's.

C

I'm talking about his system. It's proven it works. He called plays at Oregon as an OC. He called plays as HC at UCF. It's a winning system. We haven't had the results we want yet, but it will work.

I'm talking about his system. It's proven it works. He called plays at Oregon as an OC. He called plays as HC at UCF. It's a winning system. We haven't had the results we want yet, but it will work.

Sure the offensive philosophy works when the talent level is high. Lets not pretend that SF didn't inherit a finely tuned race car loaded with talent when he took over as OC at Oregon. If he is capable of stringing together some top 15 classes it would help a lot. Last year was a solid class in the top 20 but he has lots of ground to make up this year.

C

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back