• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Let's talk about Dedrick Mills

I haven't read through the whole thread yet, so if others have been saying this already...I agree with them.

I think we heard a lot about what a "hammer" Mills was going to be coming out of fall camp. I heard it so often I couldn't wait to see this guy run right over people and carry 3 or 4 guys for 5 more yards nearly every carry. I think Mills heard his own press too and thought "coaches expect me to hammer out the yards and Washington and the others to run around people." That's exactly what we got the first few weeks and it wasn't very pretty and not accurate at all.

Then as attrition set it, both Mills and the coaches realized he was really our only true p5 back left in the stable. His expectations were reset and he showed what he could've showed early in the year without all the "hammer" nonsense that was being talked up.

I think we've now seen the real Mills, and now I'd like to finally hear SF call him "a weapon." No more talk about hammers.

Last edited:

That is probably true to some extent. And it may be the core reason why Bradley is nonexistent. We are fortunate to have guys like Mills and Bradley. It would be a shame if a coach held back opportunity due to personal dislikes.
Honestly I think it’s just better perimeter blocking and more patience from Mills. I don’t believe Frost just doesn’t like him. Bradley in my opinion just must not show much in practice.

I agree HCSF did not give Mills credit and wnt away from it. I do not understand it.
i picked up on that vibe as well. Frost gets a burr up his behind over strange things sometimes. I'm all about discipline and the right mentality, etc... but sometimes I think he makes a fight with his players when there doesn't need to be one.

Last edited:

Honestly I think it’s just better perimeter blocking and more patience from Mills. I don’t believe Frost just doesn’t like him. Bradley in my opinion just must not show much in practice.

I wasn't all that impressed with Bradley when I've seen him, but I'm not in practice either.

We live in a weird universe where Ozigbo was ignored for half of a season and Dwayne Haskins was suspended against NU lady year. Oh, also Wisconsin didn't care about this game.
Do you get a common theme?

I do.

There is an alternative universe that involves ingesting lead based paint chips and includes people who aren't really Nebraska fans, but love to criticize anything related to Nebraska football.

If we're talking relatively with Mazour, then Bradley is the better back in the red zone. Better acceleration, speed, size, and balance. Mazour is probably better if talking about catching passes out of the backfield. Crab can exaggerate all he wants, but that's him reading more into it.

If we're talking relatively with Mazour, then Bradley is the better back in the red zone. Better acceleration, speed, size, and balance. Mazour is probably better if talking about catching passes out of the backfield. Crab can exaggerate all he wants, but that's him reading more into it.

Bradley has better acceleration? not sure what you've been watching. Bradley's slow through the hole, but looked OK in the spring because he had a couple of big holes and didn't see a LB until he was 5 yards downfield.

I'm not the one saying Bradley should be seeing more playing time.

Who's exaggerating?

I do.

There is an alternative universe that involves ingesting lead based paint chips and includes people who aren't really Nebraska fans, but love to criticize anything related to Nebraska football.
Thanks for your self diagnosis, but we all probably had our suspicions. Really, on a serious note, I think you shouldn't because self disclosure in a public forum erases your HIPPA protection. It does explain your bashing the Husker fans talking about the status of their program during a losing season. If you keep this behavior up you'll risk ostracizing yourself.

Thanks for your self diagnosis, but we all probably had our suspicions. Really, on a serious note, I think you shouldn't because self disclosure in a public forum erases your HIPPA protection. It does explain your bashing the Husker fans talking about the status of their program during a losing season. If you keep this behavior up you'll risk ostracizing yourself.

Disagreeing with opinions I think hold no water isn't 'bashing' anyone.

Keep up the linguistic soup postings.

We're all waiting for your secret decoder ring so we can understand what you're talking about.

Bradley has better acceleration? not sure what you've been watching. Bradley's slow through the hole, but looked OK in the spring because he had a couple of big holes and didn't see a LB until he was 5 yards downfield.
Bradley is technically better in about every aspect of his position, and his high school coaching was pretty exceptional by the looks of it. You weren't watching the same spring game. Mazour has one speed which is why he can catch people off guard at times then get stuck on the next. Mazour had some wiggle last year, but he's not showing it this year. And the lack of a high top end speed is going to limit his ability to break long runs. You cannot fake longer legs no matter how hard he works.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back