• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Stadium Has Never Been More Quiet

What have we been asking for? Improvement, right? I saw an offensive line beat up on a vaunted nationally ranked defense. I saw the quarterback play the way he did last year. I saw Mills go head to head with the best back in the country and look just as dynamic. I saw the best game plan since Frost arrived. I saw our tight end get involved in the game. I saw much better perimeter blocking, making that short passing game more effective.

Were there warts? Oh yeah. But i agree with you. There is something to build on.
Well said, blast!

They were real close to winning or at least covering the spread. Martinez missed JD open a couple of times. What has me encouraged is that NU looked like they belonged on the field with NU.

And they fought. They just don't make the plays when they have, just come up a little short. But it's close, I believe that.
Put it this way:. If they played like this the previous 9 games, they'd be 7-3 or 8-2

Those same fans will be cheering loudly and saying "I had faith in him all along" when Frost gets this thing moving
The stadium was so quiet after Wisconsin scored their 3rd quarter touchdown, I could hear the goal post safety net being raised and lowered for the extra point from the 96th row. I think the word is, "resignation."
Most home fans don't cheer wildly as the visiting team kicks an extra point.

What have we been asking for? Improvement, right? I saw an offensive line beat up on a vaunted nationally ranked defense. I saw the quarterback play the way he did last year. I saw Mills go head to head with the best back in the country and look just as dynamic. I saw the best game plan since Frost arrived. I saw our tight end get involved in the game. I saw much better perimeter blocking, making that short passing game more effective.

Were there warts? Oh yeah. But i agree with you. There is something to build on.

Agree.

We go sub 500 again but this is why the 2 year extension.

The 2020 recruiting class is a critical fork in the road for DONU.

Scott talked about it again post game and you can see how adding:

1. Play making big body wide out
2. Second bigger RB (not Duck R size) to complement Mills
3. Playmaking DE
4. Play making LB

Add just those 4 players to this team and you win Colorado, Indiana, Purdue, and maybe Wisky.

But what this team needs is playmakers and we don't have enough people who can just plain take over a game by big plays on offense and defense. I hope to see some of those from the red shirts but more so from the 2020 recruits. We need a sprinkling of the Ohio State types, you know "if we have to develop you we recruited the wrong guys" :)

GBR

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back