• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tackling

I see some of you blaming this on our DC.

It’s not Chinander’s fault. He led UCF’s defense to 110ish rankings in total and scoring defense in 2016, evidence of his top notch DC skills.

Tell ‘em, @Pebbles09James
While having 2 future NFL players playing in the AAC... He has 1.5 NFL players in the B1G... not sure what we expected.

While having 2 future NFL players playing in the AAC... He has 1.5 NFL players in the B1G... not sure what we expected.
Well, I expected better than this. That goes for the entire team, though. I've been more disappointed in the offense this year, because I had higher expectations for that side of the ball.

For one reason or another, going forward, I have much more confidence in the offense than I do the defense.

2 NFL players, both of whom this staff identified and put them in the positions to get where they went. 100% Shaqueem Griffin doesn't get drafted without this staff. Very strong chance he doesn't even get to play on anything other than special teams due to his circumstances. Hughes was recruited by HCSF and DCEC and they helped develop him to an NFL caliber CB.

Outside of those two, the secondary was extremely young and the team played 12 straight weeks without a break against one of the more high octane conferences in college football. Not sure what you expect but 13-0 is incredible, especially considering the effort put forth in the Bowl game against one of the top runningbacks in the nation against a more talented team.

That is why I have hope for this staff, but you're entitled to your opinion.

Another rough day defensively, just can't seem to get stops (especially 3rd downs) & get the opponent off the field.

Not 100% sold on Chinander at this point. But consider this, Jim Leonhard is considered one of the better DCs in the country right now and our undermanned offense dropped almost 500 yards on his defense and actually out gained their offense........

Not 100% sold on Chinander at this point. But consider this, Jim Leonhard is considered one of the better DCs in the country right now and our undermanned offense dropped almost 500 yards on his defense and actually out gained their offense........
I don’t think Leonhard is really considered in that class. He’s done a good job of maintaining what was handed to him, though.

But more importantly, there’s a difference between having a bad game and having a bad game, after game, after game. We have a lot of issues that need to be fixed.

Last edited:

I don’t think Leonhard is really considered in that class. He’s done a good job of maintaining what was handed to him, though.

But more importantly, there’s a difference between having a bad game and having a bad game, after game, after game. We have a lot of issues that need to be fixed.

I guess that depends on who you ask, he turned down several schools including Alabama to stay at Wiscy.

Agree on the rest, we have a lot of defensive issues to fix.

I see some of you blaming this on our DC.

It’s not Chinander’s fault. He led UCF’s defense to 110ish rankings in total and scoring defense in 2016, evidence of his top notch DC skills.

Tell ‘em, @Pebbles09James

I mean, it's not that hard to look stats up and get them right. It really isn't.

Last edited:
Well, I expected better than this. That goes for the entire team, though. I've been more disappointed in the offense this year, because I had higher expectations for that side of the ball.

For one reason or another, going forward, I have much more confidence in the offense than I do the defense.
And continued improvement from the tail end of 2018. Don’t care who is NFL, CFL, or Arena caliber, I want our guys to get better. Until today I haven’t seen that yet. I did see some guys look better today.

I think it was more of Wisc being off, overlooking Neb than it was Neb improving

There is something going on other than fundamentals. This Fall I watched some 8th grade neighborhood boys who never played tackle football before make great form tackles by the third game and I seriously doubt any will receive a scholarship offer to play at Nebraska 4 years from now. I suspect every Husker on the team were making similar or better form tackles when they were in 8th grade.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back