• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tackling

@HuskerNCorpus
your reading fails you again my friend. Keep trying to @me and keep showing your lack of understanding.

Explain what scheme works with our player deficiencies. What scheme/coordinator can have this defense reflecting ELITE results? If not, then shut up on a topic you clearly don't understand. Until you answer any of the questions I present instead of continually deflecting we can all see what kind of ignorant coward you actually are.

@Pebbles09James, you are quite the angry guy. Lighten up, and enjoy the fact that Nebraska has a DC who has shown he can be a top notch guy. GBR!

alot of guys just dont know how to tackle. i think they learned to use their superior size to just overpower their competition. now they go against guys that are just as big and strong as they are (or better) and we dont have or use the correct fundamentals to bring them down. never learn, never use. this is a coaching staff responsibility of comission or omission. a hell of alot tougher to go low and absorb the punishment than to ride the shoulder pads and alow a guy 5-7 more yards of gain.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Pebbles09James, you are quite the angry guy. Lighten up, and enjoy the fact that Nebraska has a DC who has shown he can be a top notch guy. GBR!
I'm actually not angry at all, but I will call out ignorance for what it is. Also, you're deflecting again....Please answer the questions presented
What scheme/coordinator can have this defense reflecting ELITE results?

I'm actually not angry at all, but I will call out ignorance for what it is. Also, you're deflecting again....Please answer the questions presented
I will not do anything you ask until you admit you were wrong in the other thread.

Don’t let that further anger you, just do the righr thing and admit to your mistake.

Last edited:

alot of guys just dont know how to tackle. i think they learned to use their superior size to just overpower their competition. now they go against guys that are just as big and strong as they are (or better) and we dont have or use the correct fundamentals to bring them down. never learn, never use. this is a coaching staff responsibility of comission or omission. a hell of alot tougher to go low and absorb the punishment than to ride the shoulder pads and alow a guy 5-7 more yards of gain.
Bingo

I will not do anything you ask until you admit you were wrong in the other thread.

Don’t let that further anger you, just do the righr thing and admit to your mistake.
lol I have already proven you wrong and quoted my previous posts that you are trying to reference. You've been wrong this entire time. That being said you will continue to deflect because you know you are ignorant but still want to maintain ignorance.

I'd rather get annoyed than be obtuse but clearly you prefer the latter.

But Frost and the pumpers will come to Chinanders aid. Chinander is awful.
Agree. Poor tackling technique reflects poorly on Chinander and ultimately on HCSF. If he can't teach tackling then HCSF really needs to look at a replacement.

lol I have already proven you wrong and quoted my previous posts that you are trying to reference. You've been wrong this entire time. That being said you will continue to deflect because you know you are ignorant but still want to maintain ignorance.

You continue to gloss over your mistake. Your refusal to admit it is noted. And will he noted again.

4 teams are ranked lower in overall def than Neb. Purdue, Ill, Maryland and Rutgers

Is that where Neb wants to be? if so, we should expect no better

I see some of you blaming this on our DC.

It’s not Chinander’s fault. He led UCF’s defense to 110ish rankings in total and scoring defense in 2016, evidence of his top notch DC skills.

Tell ‘em, @Pebbles09James
@HuskerNCorpus
your reading fails you again my friend. Keep trying to @me and keep showing your lack of understanding.

Explain what scheme works with our player deficiencies. What scheme/coordinator can have this defense reflecting ELITE results? If not, then shut up on a topic you clearly don't understand. Until you answer any of the questions I present instead of continually deflecting we can all see what kind of ignorant coward you actually are.

You continue to gloss over your mistake. Your refusal to admit it is noted. And will he noted again.

What does any of this sqauble between the two of you have to do with the topic "Tackling?" Please for the sake of us wanting reasonable discusion of the topic take your petty arguement private.

False, show me where I claimed ample proof. I called you out for cherry picking stats that this staff has claimed aren't as important and provided the stats this staff deems important. I claimed my judgement for Chins is reserved until he has time to be properly assessed. You continue to deflect and ignore that you misrepresented my position for Chins. Your ignorance is noted and will be continually noted.

What does any of this sqauble between the two of you have to do with the topic "Tackling?" Please for the sake of us wanting reasonable discusion of the topic take your petty arguement private.
You are correct my good sir :)

I apologize for derailing this thread after being called out in a non-topical post by another user. I have offered him PM inviations but he prefers to embarass himself publicly instead.

Tackling is one of the things I believe, under a HCSF coached team, will always be inconsistent due to the desire for momentum plays and the "no fear of failure they push for. It's a double edged sword that when it works pays big, and if you play with gap discipline is something you can minimize the negative effects from but we are lacking so tackling takes more of a focal point than what our staff wants it to.

You are correct my good sir :)

I apologize for derailing this thread after being called out in a non-topical post by another user. I have offered him PM inviations but he prefers to embarass himself publicly instead.

Tackling is one of the things I believe, under a HCSF coached team, will always be inconsistent due to the desire for momentum plays and the "no fear of failure they push for. It's a double edged sword that when it works pays big, and if you play with gap discipline is something you can minimize the negative effects from but we are lacking so tackling takes more of a focal point than what our staff wants it to.

The issues with tackling haven't been the players exercising a "no fear of failure" mantra. Poor effort, poor angles and bad technique have been a much bigger problem.

The issues with tackling haven't been the players exercising a "no fear of failure" mantra. Poor effort, poor angles and bad technique have been a much bigger problem.
I'll say there have been very few missed tackles due to poor effort in my opinion but I'll go over the film again to see if I can spot it being a little more prevalent. The poor angles and bad technique I can attribute to lack of experience (youth or lack of experience at the position) and expect that to improve with time/experience. The biggest issue with the missed tackles is the lack of gap assignment so when one person misses, there's no immediate threat to the runner allowing for more open space after the first missed tackle. We missed tackles today but there weren't any home-run plays from Taylor off of those. That is why we were still competitive and had the offense executed, especially inside their 30, we would have won today. That is how HCSF wants the game to be played, we were just out executed today and lost to a better team. Very close game though and one of our more inspiring team efforts of the season.

I'm not certain enough of the reason for deficiency to direct blame. I just know poor tackling when I see it and it was on full display today and for much of this season. I don't have the answers but I'm sure our coaching staff will get it figured out.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back